excessive stomach bloating when i drink anything

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

for years i have been dealing with excessive bloating when i drink any fluids, and im not talking about alcohol, im talking about water and juice, as soon as i drink anything my stomach triples in size and i look over 6 months pregnant, i do not know what the cause is and its very depressing. my stomach remains bloated all day and if i drink more it expands more. it goes back to normal the next morning but as soon as i drink it starts all over again i have been to the Doctor several times and they have not been helpful at all, i am at my last resorts

does any one have any suggestions, or does any one what this could be 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

What about when you eat?
    • Posted

hi 

eating is ok, its when i drink only it does not matter what it is my stomach completly expands

• Posted

Very strange it's usually food have you been to a doctor?x

• Posted

very strange i know

yes  i have been to the Dr, i have had blood tests done stool samples and nothing has come up abnormal, so at this point i dont know what to do 

• Posted

Have you tried avoiding fizzy drinks?  Are you drinking bottled water or tap water?  Maybe you are reacting to the chemicals contained in the plastic bottles that contain the juice and the water.

Try switching to tap water and avoiding juice from plastic bottles.  If these suggestions  don't help, perhaps ask for an ultrasound.

• Posted

Hi

yes i avoid fizzy completly mainly bottled water and juice, i dont drink tap water, as i feel like its dirty 

but il try, yeah i think an ultrasound is a good idea

• Posted

Tap water shouldn't be dirty.  If unsure, you could filter or boil it and then cool it down before drinking.

• Posted

i think its just my mind for some reason i associate tap water as water i  shouldnt drink

but i will try it, il do the whole boil n cool it down thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.