Excessive sweating? Always hot...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me.

I live in London, and travel in and out of Central London every day by public transport. I know we are experiencing a humid summer but more so than ever I feel like I am suffering from excessive sweating and high body temperatures.

I'm 30, with no reported health problems, I don't have a balanced diet but I also don't have a horrific one either, I don't have any caffeine and very few spicy foods. A blood test has shown my thyroid and blood sugar levels are fine. I drink no more than 3 bottles of beer a week.

I'm so confused why the average man can wear a suit or jacket in summer and not show an ounce of sweat, but I struggle to stay cool and dry even in a linen shirt and shorts.

I feel the heat mostly from my forehead and hair line but also my whole face feels very hot, I also sweat from my lower back, feet and underarms.

There has to be a solution to this because it's starting to really bother me. I will avoid going to certain buildings within my company as they don't have air con, or I won't get on a train to work unless it is an air con one etc.

Thanks, J

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joe. I used to feel the same way.

I ordered some secure wipes from. Canadian pharmacy. I got the 1.5% and 3%.

I don't use them everyday. But it seems to have helped me slightly and I managed to get some confidence back.

I also use the triple dry anti-perspirant.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi....i was thinking of trying the triple dry anti perspirant...did you find it effective and how many times a week and did you put it on at night?. Did you suffer from any irritation from it.? They have started making a dermatollogically tested one but it contains fragrance which i am not keen on. Please see my post several days ago about my excessive sweating making my life a misery!...many thanks (did you try any other strong anti perspirants?i.e. dricolor etc?)
    • Posted

Hi Dimmy.

I use the triple dry roll on. You apply it at night and wash off the next day.

I have tried certain dry., odaban and driclor. All of these have irritated and burns my skin. I found triple dry to be the most successful, in my opinion.

• Posted

Hi Annie

Thanks for the advice...do you use any particular TRIPLE DRY as there are quite a few different ones ..and did you put it on everynight to start off with or 3 times a week ...did it totally stop your underarm sweating??..thanks

• Posted

No worries. I used the navy orange coloured one. I tried it once every 3 days. Would say it's about 80% effective smile

• Posted

Ask your dr to test your pituitary gland hormones.  Something may be off balance there.  I know from experience that this can be a cause.

• Posted

I saw a dermatologist about my excessive sweating today ..he has prescribed a drug called PRO BANTHINE which is said to be very effective!..regards
  • Posted

I have been a sufferer of excessive sweating for quite a few years. I have recently been told by a Naturopath to soak my feet in Himalayan Salt with Epson Salts in hot water every day. 1 tspoon salt 1 tablespoon Epson Salts. After just 1 week I am amazed at the change. The naturopath explained that I don't have enough salt in my body to help me retain. It may not be the answer for everyone, but it's working for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.