Excessive sweating and 200+ heart rate easily.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all!

Im a 22 year old broke college student and I figured its time to try and get some answers as to my cardivascular health.

Since as long as I remember, I have always had excessive sweating and high heart rate whenever I do physical activities. When I go to the gym and start jogging, my heart rate goes to 150-160. once i start sprinting, almost always my heart rate can hit 200+, usually topping out at no more than 215. the odd thing is, i have no tightness or discomfort in my chest area. it feels normal to me. On top of this i sweat. So much in fact that it has become an issue. I went to a bar with some friends to get out of the house. Naturally, we go the hottest spot in the bar with no ac/airflow. Out of all my friends, I am the only one who is drenched in sweat. I can feel beads of it dripping through my hair down my face and it is so unbeliveably excessive and it is too much of a problem. everyone looks at me and asks "are you ok dude?" and its getting annoying. This is a problem almost anywhere I go. Ive had bosses on construction jobs mention how sweaty I am. One boss was even below me on a ladder and got a drip of my sweat in his mouth lol. The high heart rate only happens when im doing harder labor and isnt too much of an issue in day to day life

I should note that as far as the high heart rate goes, my brother and dad are the same way. Even when my dad mountain biked 2000 miles in a year, with perfect cardio, his heart rate would still get up to 200 and even 215 easily. Like me, my dad feels no discomfort as well.

I do have social anxiety, and have been on medication (50mg of zoloft) for 5 years and most of my anxiety is mostly gone. I rarely ever get socially anxious nowadays. I have ben slowly tapering off my medication and am now on 25mg of zoloft.

I played 10 years of ice hockey as a kid, and used to work out regularly. I haven't been to the gym much over the last two years, but have been going more and more lately. I plan to go at least 3 times a week. I avoid cardio as I immediately sweat. I usually lift weights and sometimes finish off with light cardio.

I had some bloodwork done to check my Thyroid and it came back normal.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and any potential solutions? I have been prescribed antiperspirant and i had some success but it makes my skin very itchy and sometimes red when I get even slightly warm.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.