Excessive Sweating - face, neck and head

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have the symptoms of Polysysticovaries with the excessive hair, sweating, weight and so on, but the only thing that I can't hide is the sweating. When i dry my hair i have to dry it again and again as my head just drips in sweat. I can walk up a flight of stairs and sit at my desk at work and there I go again - drenched in sweat with frizzy hair! I'm a bigger girl but i'm not unfit. When working out i will look like i've been swimming after only 5 minutes of entering the gym. I've been put on Clonidine in the past which helped for a while, and now i've been put on beta-blockers to try. I've had my thyroid tested and this has come back ok. I'm being treated for PCOS even though all tests say that i haven't got it, but doctors think i must have because i have all of the symptoms. What else could it be and can I do anything to prevent it as it's getting me down!! Thanks

6 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have Harv head sweats for about 5 years, it's awful cannot go on date everyone thinks I have just had shower my hair was getting thinner.....then I went to a Chinese Dr who did acupuncture and gave me 2 lots of chinese tablets and wow a must raclebwithin 1day the head sweat tried to ....only go t my face warm but n wet hair 2 weeks now and no wet hair no head sweats golly my prayers answered

• Posted

That sounds good.  Where did he put the needles, and what was the name of the tablets?

• Posted

Hi, try Probantheline tablets, from your Doctor, they work, but give you a very dry mouth so you will have to chew gum to keep your mouth from drying up so much that you cant speak, I have had this problem for 30 years and it was only 3 years ago i found out about these tablets and they have been a god send, Hope this helps. regards Anne.
  • Posted

I suffer from excessive sweating from face, head and neck as well.  For about 11 years.  But it has become a lot worse lately.  My eyes sweat to the point that my make up has melted halfway down my face and I can't see to drive because I can't mop it up fast enough and it's stinging my eyes.  

Oddly enough, I can pinpoint when it started....  was skiing in Breckinridge ( 13,000 feet) and had come from FL.  Normally, we'd spend first nite in Denver, and then ascend the mountain the next day or two.   This time we got off the plane and drove directly up the mountain.  Everyone in my party got a lil altitude sickness, and I developed high altitude cerebral edema.  Swollen head and face.  Confusion.  POUNDING headache.  I was given diamox and prednisone and instructed to descend the mountain.  

Ever since then, I've had the sudden excessive sweating, and have to take diamox when I fly or my face swells, vision blurs, and I can't think straight....which I truly DO NOT understand since plane cabins are suppose to be decompressurized.)  First time it happened, I had flown into Detroit and pulled over on the freeway because I couldn't read the signs.  

My whole point is.......

Would oxygen and perfusion have anything to do with it??  Guess we wo

• Posted

I know how you feel, I have ask many doctors what can I do they don't know. They don't offer me meds of any kind. If I go off I just make sure I have a box of Kleenex       Tissues.  I have an apt this afternoon I will ask the doctor one more time if he can suggest something.  I will let all know what he says.

Thanks Linda

• Posted

i am late to the party but have been suffering the same for YEARS. Since I live in the tropics it's also affecting my social and professional life... i barely go out, have to plan meetings 3 hrs after I shower, cant walk to meetings, etc. this is hell. i hope they find a solution or I will have wasted a significant chunk of my life around this.

• Posted

I have suffered from this same affliction for so long. Is there anything you have found effective that will help. It is so embarrassing and has kept me from so many interactions with people. I keep Kleenex a towel anything I can to keep wiping The sweat from my face and neck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.