Excessive sweating in the feet. Not understanding this.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 25 years old and my feet sweat more than I ever noticed. Within an hour of putting on my shoes, they feel cold, clammy, and damp. It's very uncomfortable. Sometimes there is an odor accompanying, sometimes not. 

I clean my feet thoroughly daily, dry them, and I use medicated foot powder before putting on socks. I have bought "sweat wicking" socks (which have only made things worse), special insoles that have done nothing, and Drysol which, I'll admit, I haven't used religiously, but still has not yielded any results. I am not understanding why after all this I continue to sweat as profusely as I do. 

I'm currently thinking about buying especially breathable shoes, if that's where I'm wrong here. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can curb this uncomfortable and embarrassing sweat? Thank you. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you read  older posts?  Some mention medication, and some medical causes which should be checked out.  You do not mention having seen a dr.  I think this is necessary.  Ask for your pituitary gland hormones to be checked out, although if it is only your feet, may not be relevant.

It is a miserable infliction and not a lot of answers that work.  I have noticed that there are now deodorants for "Stress" sweat, although almost 3 times the price of normal deodorant.  Fine merino wool clothing helps with temperature regulation and not smelling from the sweat absorbed.

Acupuncture?  Botox?

Good luck with it.

• Posted

hey erwin! first of all i completely understand you. Ive done a research about this device that could help you get rid of sweat in feet. it has many good reviews I will be glad to help you so please contact me smile 

• Posted

Yesterday, the back (hollow) of my neck was sweating (my worst place at moment), and I remembered I had a product called "magicool" - a spray on cooler and refresher.

Though the last time I used it on the back of my neck before bedtime, I was awake all night!  So I thought I won't use that again at night time.

It may not be available anymore, but I think there are other similar products out there.  Perhaps you could try it on your feet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.