Excessive Sweating of the Head: Woman Age 61

Posted , 7 users are following.

Topic: Excessive Sweating of my Head

Hello. I'm a woman, age 61, completed my wonderful & extremely painful menopause expieriance, around age 59 which entailed fibroid complecations, which were coterized/removed & which lasted for apx. 9 yrs,age 50 -59. Around age 51 I began developing Osteoarthrirtis & at this time, age 61, I am in an advanced stage with the Arthritis. I suffer from extreme lower back pain & also have very painful bone spurs in my front finger joints. In order to manage my pain I take Hydrocodone 10/326 mg tablets. I do not abuse the use of this medication & take it as perscribed: 1 tablet x every 4hrs as needed. I also take Losartan: 100 mg x 1 per day for boarderline high blood pressure & Sertraline: 50 mg x 1 per day for depression which coinsides with pain management. I experiance super head sweating predominantly during the evenings & throughout the night hours. Does anyone out there expieriance these night sweats, head sweating? My hair becomes absolutely soaked with sweat...I'm puzzled ): Thanks for any input regarding this sweating issue. Diane 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I did for 6 years till finally a different dr referred me to an endocrinologist.  I was found to have a prolactinoma (small tumour on my pituitary gland which caused excess prolactin).  Even though I was using hrt estrogen, the prolacting was making the oestrogen ineffective, causing severe menopause type head sweating.

As soon as I was treated with Cabergolin, the sweating quickly decreased.  Bliss!  I am still taking Cabergolin 8 years later because as soon as I try to reduce the medication, the symptoms reappear.  Endocrinologist says there is no harm in continually taking the Cabergolin.

• Posted

diane44932, I have one question, First of all have you did research on your med's your taking to see if there are any that cause sweating as a side effect ? The reason I ask this is I went for years sweating so bad I would be sitting a work just feeding someone and I would be sweating so bad that the sweat would literally drip off my eyelashes. Other than that I noticed that sheryl37154 had commented on what her experience was so if none of your medications has the side effect of excessive sweating then maybe you should see an endocrinologist. Keep us updated on your outcome and what you find out.

• Posted

Hi diane44932,

Crazy, you sound like me except I'm 55, no clue if I've finished menopause (hysterectomy @35) and I have osteoarthritis throughout my whole body. Yes, I sweat exactly like this, it so embarrassing and it 24/7. I have applied for disability 1.5 yrs ago because I can't get a job because I'm honest about my medical issues and prescriptions I must take. Im starting to research holistc remodies which led me to this site. Have you seen your doctor? I'm hesitant because I can't afford any more medical bills/debt. Please keep me up to date.

Lpatton515

• Posted

I've sweated more than anybody else I know my entire life. I've just reluctantly accepted it. But for the last few years, together with menopause and living in a tropical location it has been out of control. I'm on antidepressants and painkillers for osteoarthritis of my neck - it's nearing agony now and I am unable to move to a cooler climate until my son finishes school and goes off to Uni. I think my sweating must be genetic, as I've had my thyroid checked and it is performing normally. I'm sure the medication I'm on would add to my problem but even so the problem was there long before I started taking those tablets. Is there anything that can be done? I feel like a freak and have become a hermit through sheer embarrassment. Is there any hope for me? Would appreciate any tips or advice, I really need help. Thanks in advance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.