excessive urination

Posted , 31 users are following.

Does any one have the side effect of needing to urinate more especially at night.Since going on 10 mg of amlodipine i can't stop going to the loo every five minutes.What have other people done about the excessive urination?

andy

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

• My mum has been on Amlodipine 10mg for 3 years now. She is 60 years and she urinate upto 4 time in a night and most times on her bed too. She is having memory problems and she complains of dizziness always. Helpful information is needed please.
  • Posted

Hi Blarm44,

Yes i was dealing with the same frequent urination for 3 years as this is one of the side effects of amlo, amlo is calcium channel blocker and while it is relaxing and widening blood vessels, it is also blocking calcium thus causing frequent urination. I was taking Amlo 10mg in the 9am and it takes around 6-9 hours to get to its own max. peak effect, so my frequent urination started around 6pm and calmed around 11pm, There was not much i can do, i have to stay hydrated otherwise it will worsen other side effect symptoms like stomach issues due to dehydration. Amlo works for 24h, and when i stopped amlo it was still in the system for another two weeks, beside that in my case frequent urination was the least side effect from my experience. Three years later i developed tremors, cold hand cold feet, anxiety, panic attacks, depression stress, hair loss, sexual dysfunction, muscle tension, tinnitus, headaches, tension headaches, migraines, blurry vision, gastric problems and so on, Some people get side effects right away some later and some are ok with amlo. Some of us are more sensitive than others.

• Posted

Yes, I have experience the same but when I started taking a pink coloured amlodipine. It does not affect me when I use a brown coloured amlodipine. I am told at the pharmacy that they are identical but from different drug manufacturers. Apparently, the pink amlodipine has some ingredient that causes excessive urination.

• Posted

I have only been on amlopidine 5mg for about 2 and a half weeks but now get up about 3 times in the night to pee and also find it harder to empty my bladder does anyone else feel they have to strain a little at the end to empty their bladder properly? I am going to speak to doc about this and if he doesn't take me off them or at least reduce the tablet to 2.5 the will take matters into my own hands and just monitor my BP closely, any comments appreciated.

• Posted

Yes I just stared 10mg of amoldipine a week ago. Now I can stop urinating, every 5 minutes and my bladder is sore and irritated. I use to just wake up once a night to pee and now it is 3 times a night. I have to see a urologist and my GP put me on over active meds. I am 38 and my legs and feet are swollen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.