Excessive urination

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi so I have this problem where I have to go to the bathroom like 14 times a day (not literally.) It's weird too because I'll get up in the morning and literally 8 minutes after going to the bathroom, I can go pass more urine. Another huge problem is that, especially during the night, it will seep out and it feels like moisture all over and that I've basically soiled myself. On top of that, I have been drinking less water because the frequency I go to the bathroom might as well have doubled because of winter. My doctor diagnosed me with polyuria and didn't give me anything because my religion prohibits the use of drugs. Please help, I haven't slept in months.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sounds like how I used to be.  I used to use the restroom maybe 15 to 20 times a day.  This just an estimate.  What I suggest is that go to a urologist, and tell him you want to try self-catherization.  It's the best thing so far for me.  Now I use the restroom, maybe five times a day.  Because my bladder is completely empty because of the self-catherization, I don't have to use the toilet for hours, before the next urination. It's the best feeling, when you don't have to worry about where is the next restroom, and will I make it to the toilet on time!  Merry Christmas, and I hope you find relief.

• Posted

I'm still 28 and that is completely unthinkable for me. Just thinking about it makes me claw at my skin. I'd sooner sign up for bone marrow transplant patients.

• Posted

Hi just a guess have you been checked for urinary track infection? Any itching or burning? 

Another concern blood sugar can be high and can be checked with a simple blood test.

plz see your doctor for annual check up just to be safe.

take care

peace and healing!

• Posted

No, however before it started seeping out I used to get UTI's. I just got checked and the doctor said everything was really great.

• Posted

It sounds like you could have urine retention, which is a situation in which the bladder doesn't completely empty, causing you to feel the urge to urinate multiple times. Urine retention can be caused by obstructive or non obstructive causes. Obstructive causes include kidney or bladder stones, enlarged prostate, urethral stricture, whereas non obstructive causes include neurological problems involving the brain or spinal chord, as well as certain medications. If you don't have urine retention, most likely you suffer from overactive bladder, which is where the bladder empties, even when it is not completely full, this is causes by improper nerve signalling, often times bladder training will help this situation. Did you get any tests done ? if so which ones ? an ultrasound would rule out any obstructive issues that can cause urinary retention, and a urine test can rule out any infections that you may have. 

• Posted

I eat way too healthy for any type of stones; No I've had no tests done whatsoever. Overactive bladder sounds right as I have always gone to the bathroom a lot ever since I was a wee little lad. Think I'll get an appointment as soon as I get my medi-cal transfered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.