Excessive veins

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I have had Blepharitis for years now, but was only diagnosed last year as it was previously thought to be dry eye. I've found some good tips on this forum to try to ease my symptoms, but was wondering if any of you have a lot of very visible eye veins as well? My eyes look like there are red spider webs in them and they have been like that for years. Nothing seems to help. It could be due to years of contact lens wear (which I had to stop years ago because my eyes couldn't handle them anymore), but I was just wondering if it may be the Blepharitis. If any of you have the same problem, is there anything that worked for you to make them less visible?

Thanks.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Try using Manuka Honey. It will burn initaily, but it is good for your eyes. with a q-tip smear it all around your eyelids on the outside.

• Posted

Try using Manuka Honey. It will burn initaily, but it is good for your eyes. with a q-tip smear it all around your eyelids on the outside.

• Posted

How long do you leave it on for. I left it on overnight but it made the eyes more red. did that happen to you?

• Posted

Hi Dena,

That's what I'm afraid of too, that it will make my eyes more red. They are so hyper-sensitive they will react to anything. They will turn red when they see something red. I might still give it a go, but fear they will react...

• Posted

Hi Kate,

I've suffered with blepharitis for twenty years with only the wet ones helping. only last year I noticed the exact thing as you, my veins have become sooo visible under my eyes and also dark bags aswell. no idea what's causing it to be honest. I've tried manuka honey which made my eyes more red. The best relief was the wet ones really, these made the blepharitis disappear for a whole year..... but now it's come back so tried the wet ones but not helping...

• Posted

Hi Chevonne,

For me it's more veins in the eyeballs themselves. I've always had dark circles with visible veins under my eyes too, but that's genetic. The veins in the white of my eyes make them look so old and tired though and there's no camouflage for that. I fear they might just get more red from anything topical I use, like you've experienced, but supplements aren't helping either.

• Posted

not on my eye balls but have veins on eyelids and now under my eyes What bleph cures are you using?

• Posted

Hi,

I do the warm compresses every day, then eyelid massage followed by cleaning of the lids and lash lines with Blephaclean wipes. I take flaxseed oil and cbd oil supplements and use eye drops for the dryness. Have now ordered the Wet Ones as many on this forum said they helped and will start with tea tree oil, but I do fear that will make the redness even worse as my eyes react to everything quite severely. They are little round drama queens.

• Posted

Leave the honey on for 25 minutes, then rinse off. Use a mild face cream. Use non preservative eye drops.

• Posted

I always wash my eyes first with one drop of Tea Tree Oil, and a dab of no tears baby shampoo, then rinse with cool water. Then I apply the honey.

• Posted

Will give it a try, thanks. Gradually though, introducing each after a month or so in case my eyes will get irritated. Otherwise I won't know what was the cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.