Excessive worry about post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Alright so yesterday I had a colonscopy and a endoscopy which I had a anxiety attack before it even started. I’m having anxiety about how the sedative was used and all the horror stories I’m reading online about it. Versad and fentanyl were used and the weird thing is I remember the entire procedure. From start to finish when the said I wouldn’t remember a thing. Now with my health anxiety and all I’m obsessing over this and I’m curious on why and also I am scared from the horror stories that I will loose my memory for some reason. The tests came back normal just a ulcer and some nodules on my vocal chords. I mean I feel embarrassed posting this because I need reassurance that I will be ok. rolleyes

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Don’t feel embarrassed for your own feelings , you will be ok and it is ok to worry just not to the point it affects you doing something but we will always have that in us , here is to many more years of good health to you . 
  • Posted

First off colonoscopy and endoscopy are not operations they are procedures and I know because I have UC.

Your not in UK as we wouldn't use that combination of sedatives I don't believe.

How long ago did you have them done?

• Posted

Hi Dana sorry for delay, please don't worry, any post op/procedure anesthetic would have shown reaction much faster than this, even though it's not an op you will still feel rough for a couple of days, especially in this heat, stay cool, rest/sleep as much as your body needs and drink loads, I can't emphasize this enough, dehydration and opiates can make you feel pretty groggy, nourishing food and don't allow yourself to get constipated, did you have pixolax before

• Posted

If you have another try and do it without the anesthetic, have some diazepam from your Dr
  • Posted

Now that is strange coz I had a colonoscopy a month or so ago and exactly the same thing happened to me.  I was told I would need someone to take me home and stay with for 12 hours because of the sedative.  I didn't and my memory is extremely clear of all that happened during and after it.  I was puzzled by this too and wonder if maybe they didn't do any sedation?  

Glad to see I am not alone.  I know I'm ok and you are too.  Nothing to worry about.  Funnily enough they found a small ulcer in me too but no problems and my gut is healthy.  x

• Posted

You know what they gave you for a sedative? But yeah knowing me and my health anxiety I can’t stop googling
  • Posted

Haven't a clue sorry.  They were too busy being annoyed at me for not having anyone to take me home and telling them lies! They said they would never have given me a sedative if they had known.  I had to talk fast to get out of that one but I didn't give a damn anyway smile  x

• Posted

Hahahaha well glad your ok smile sounds funny. I looked at them after and said I remember everything and there like there’s no way and I said Yeap 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.