Exciting discoveries.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

You guys probably already know all these but these are the discoveries which have made my low fat week easier this week....

1. Bagels (have shopped around and found ones for 1g fat!)

2. Quark - fat free cream cheese! so can have with bagel and smoked salmon for a nice lunch of about 6-7g fat

3. Turkey grill slices - I mean thay aren't bacon, but in a bagel with ketchup you can almost fool yourself and they have a teeny 0.3g fat per 2 slices!

4. Uncle Ben's S&S sauce, 0.7g fat for a 350g jar - makes for a nice S&s chicken dinner with rice!

and best of all....

My Kipling limited edition strawberry fondant fancies - 2.7g of fat - am so excited about having one for dessert today!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Where do you find Quark and does it taste like cheese spread?

How come the strawberry fondants are only 2.7 g of fat are they covered in icing?

• Posted

My sister in law bought carrot cake slices from asda be good to you range, havent tried them but i think they were really low........ love love love carrot cake although im not a huge fan of carrots lol
  • Posted

Yes the bagels! I have just eaten a plain one with laughing cow extra light and pickle (sometimes I have salad)and the cinnamon one with quark, strawberries and a sprinkle of sweetener. Yum. I kinda have one for main and one for pudding! :oops: Soooooo filling too. The light primula cheese spread is good too.

The multigrain one is about 3g of fat so I avoid those. Also the weight watcher bagels are only 0.5g fat but I find them more prone to crumbling when I slice them.

I also toast the bagels and top with flora light or similar and honey or sugar free jam.

The good for you cakes in Morrisons are good, 0.6g for the lemon or 0.4g per carrot slice, the coconut weight watchers cakes are 0.9g fat. Asda do similar. I assume most supermarkets do their own versions :lol:

• Posted

The good to you cakes sound good, I'll have to try them. I have such a sweet tooth, I need something in the evenings after dinner.

The fondant fancy was excellent, much to my boyfriend's amusement I eeked it out to last 5 bites so i could savour it! I think the fat is reasonable as the icing is just sugar, no fat in that at all :D

Quark is excellent, I've bought it from both Tesco and Sainsbury's. It's like a slightly drier version of a Philadelphia light. It's more than passable in a bagel etc, and you can also make a sweet dessert by adding granulated canderel ) or Splenda) and a chocolate options sachet. Mix it up and the end rsult tastes a bit like the toping for chocolate cheese cake!

• Posted

Never had quark or even heard of it before coming on here!!! so its a soft cheese??

Will look into it!!!! smile

• Posted

Yup exactly that! you should find it in any big supermarket!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.