EXCITMENT

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I can't seem to get excited every time I do my heart starts my throat feels like I'm chocking,even if I cry also effects me so I just have to always stay calm like I have to creep around myself sometimes because I might set off this that and third,all I need is my bed at night to sleep it all off..then comes morning I think what now, the nerves are all over my body recently too.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Omg YES- I’m so happy to read someone else gets this too!

I can be talking fast or a lot in an excited conversation on a GOOD DAY, and suddenly my head will feel woozy or “tight and fuzzy” and I’ll get that feeling of something in my throat!

My mom says it’s just anxiety she used to get it in peri too!

• Posted

Its not anxiety.. its caused by the chemicals in your brain being out of balance and also having way too much adrenaline and cortisol in your system. Your body releases these in excess amounts while going through menopause to help with the lack of hormones. Knock on effect if we feel anxious stressed and panicky for no reason.  All your emotions are exaggerated at this time due to these changes so you feel crazy  not your self, cry over nothing.. feel low for no reason. Its all about chemicals in the brain no longer being balanced as they need the female hormones to regulate them. Ive felt it all too.. when you start talking and get excited its normal.. it feels crazy and overwhelming, when your body is already stimulated with the adrenaline and cortisol and you add just a bit more .. its like a cup that full to the rim, when you add a bit more it over spills.. and thats whats happening in your body.  Its not you or your personality its just everything is out of balance  smile

• Posted

Hi, if your mum says its Peri symptom I hope it goes soon.yes I do get that feeling too, you always feel like something is wrong with you and if you worry about it then you will get Anxious..I'm very irritated as well most times and can't deal with things,all my eyes feel full too,can't stop complaining got no one else to talk to but on here.

• Posted

Hello Maria i think that is what is happening to me. Not sure though. Does your throat hurt or you get the choking feel and it goes away right away. I wrote about my throat hurting most of the time. I feel like i have something in my throat i feel tightness. I get 1 or 2 day relief then again sad . I thought it was allergies but right now i doubt it. I also thought it was post nasal drip not sure. But I always have that dreadful feeling that i have throat cancer sad . I am going to get it checked out i was just trying allergy meds, IBS meds, and post nasal remedies but still feel the same. I just turned 47 and have had almost all 66 symptoms of menopause sad . Please let me know if your throat ache lasts a while or is it just for the moment when you get the anxiety. I know for sure i have anxiety just not sure if that is what is causing my throat ache! I have never had anxiety but i do now sad . I am on the estradiol patch .025 low dose. It helps me with my moods and hot flashes. I have been feeling a little better from 2 yrs ago. but right now its my throat ache and chronic UTI sad . I hope you start feeling better soooon!!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

Hi Columba, yes it comes and goes with me,it could be Anixety causing it..but I did mention my dry mouth too,and yes it hurts when I swallow,I'm like you thinking all sorts,I'm sure it just hormones playing around, loads people mention on here they get it like something in they throats.

• Posted

OMG I am glad it is not me! My throat feels clogged all the time. I am constantly clearing my throat. If I think about it too much my anxiety kicks in and my throat begins to tighten. I have to worried about throat cancer. Glad I am not the only one. My husband thinks I am crazy to worry so much. Getting older just stinks! Just turned 49 and feel so lost and confused. Haven't had my period in almost 4 months.thanks for sharing ladies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.