Excruciating pain when going to the toilet, cold sweats, almost passing out and being sick???

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, every now and then i wake up with pain and needing to empty my bowels. it gets worse and worse until i feel like i am in labour. i have to literally breathe through the pains. it comes in waves as my bowel empties, i am scared to death as i know what is coming. my vision goes like i am going to pass out, i feel extremely lightheaded. i feel really sick like i am going to throw up, my hands and feet are tingly. i am dripping in cold sweat, i can hardly talk and i cannot walk afterwards. i have to lie down on the floor until i have recovered. i have been told by an expert that i have endometriosis and i wonder if anyone else has experience? my gp was shocked when i told her how i felt!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Did that expert perform a laparoscopy? A lap is the only definitive way to know about endo.

Many serious conditions can cause your symptoms. Get them checked out. We're not docs and cannot diagnose you.

• Posted

hello I'm 38 and was first diagnosed with endo 8 years ago .... with my latest flare up last year I am undergoing zoledex injections monthly while I wait for a hysterectomy (usually only given in a six month course) the last couple of months I have been back to square one with the pain!

The doctors have given me strong painkillers again! I have had a couple of episodes just like you've described and after consulting my gp she has said it's just my bodies reaction to the extreme pain!

But I would check with your gp in case there is anything else going on.

Take care

• Posted

wow! i could cry! i feel so good now that i know i'm not alone like this! Thankyou! i have my appointment on 23rd of this month.

• Posted

hello, i'm glad you have your appointment booked and I hope you get some answers!

I don't want to be a downer but it's nice to talk to someone in a similar situation..... I have since been to see a new consultant and she has informed me that the course of treatment my previous consultant had me on was wrong!!! I have other underlying issues with my bone density so I should never have been on the zolodex at all so I'm back to square one !!

I have a scan on Monday 13th so fingers crossed I get some answers too!!

Good luck and stay strong xxx

• Posted

oh my days! its so easy to lose faith in these doctors! i have another question, everytime i eat my dinner in the evening i get really bad pains and awful smelling wind. its literally every single day now. i was so looking forward to getting a diagnosis through having a lap done but of course now this covid19 thing is going on we are all going to have to wait for our "routine" ops! i hope you are well and safe during all this! Xx

• Posted

hello, ive had exactly the same. ive now been operated on twice and the pain going to the toilet has been due to the extensive adhesions to my bowel. i hope you are taken seriously by clinicians you see and it is sorted out for you. best wishes

• Posted

thank you so much! i am so relieved! i have found noone who has been the same as me! got appointment at hosp on 23rd jan. so hopefully get some answers! x

• Posted

Hi I have this exactly! I have endometriosis, was diagnosed via laparoscopy in 2009. but it wasn't till I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter that i started getting the horrendous stomach pains that you describe, the waves of awful stomach cramps followed by liquid diarhea, heart palpitations, cold sweats, blurred vision which all suddenly disapears once my bowels have emptied! although im still really tired and my bodies sore after. mine usually happens after ive eaten a meal, sometimes it starts whilst im still eating and other times it could be a hour later. its not everyday either it could be once every week or 2 and theres no triggers that im aware of. been dealing with this for 8 years now and only recently went to the doctors, they prescribed me buscopan which seems to be helping. ive got to go for a blood test and stool test once covid 19 has calmed down abit. i think it may be related to the endometriosis as it seems to flare up more in the week leading up to my period but doctor thinks its ibs. did you go to your appointment?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.