Exercise!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today is not a day for going out for a walk. Some time ago I 'treated' myself to Pilates for Dummies in an effort to do some exercise at home. I have endeavoured to work alongside this person....hmmm....first of all I can't understand half of what this American is saying....nothing against Americans. For me (64 yrs old) this workout is going far too fast!! Can anyone tell me of a workout cd which will gently ease me into exercise and one which I can understand? This is my second month and was unable to walk during the first one due to some foot issues and I now want to up the exercise on days when I can't get out without being blown away and rained on! Thanks. Joyce

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I use a Wii Fit Balance board, its brilliant and well worth the money. The exercise ranges from dead easy to sweaty heart thumping stuff, plus there is lots of relaxation exercises too. If you dont have one , do you know anyone you could borrow from? Sorry if this idea isnt for you and good luck. smile
  • Posted

I've heard of this of course - will research it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Joyce

• Posted

sarahx....just been and seen a video...definitely not for me....I am balance challenged since an attack of vertigo.....secondly...just couldn't afford it! Thanks all the same. Joyce
  • Posted

No worries, it is really expensive and if you have problems with balance i defo wouldnt recommend it! An exercise bike perhaps? Or you could try looking for an exercise for beginners dvd, sorry cant recommend one, never had one. From what i understand pilates is quite tricky at first till you get juse to it, all that breathing and stuff at the same time! Only any good if you are a muti-tasker! :lol:
  • Posted

Housework ... works wonders on a rainy day! Alternatively i bought some cheap, shoddy, dvds from poundland which are so funny if you cant do them just watch, you burn calories whilst laughing!

rosemary connerley used to do some really low impact exercise vids, which should be quite cheap now or a mini trampoline from argos (about £20) ... maybe not for a vertigo sufferer (sorry!)

Carley x

• Posted

I'll have a look on E-bay and see what's on offer....surprised no one mentioned SWIMMING.....getting wet in the right way!! Have to get in practice for holidays.

Thanks again.

• Posted

I have a good friend who is also \"dimensionally challenged\". She has just invested in Wii Fit and recommends it. She has mobilty issues but finds it helps. Her chiropractor also likes it.

Now trying to justify the cost to myself!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.