Exercise

Posted , 12 users are following.

Afternoon hippies and hippies to be!

stressful week (won't bore you with details lol)

brought a Fitbit on eBay, waiting for that to come, been for a little mile and a bit walk today, seeing my surgeon next Wednesday and I'm hoping that he will let me start to use my excersise bike, like probably many of you, I've put a few extra pounds on whilst not being at work etc!  

Kinda thinking I'll probably never go swimming again as my favourite stroke is breaststroke, and being competitive I know I won't settle to use another swim stroke and I'll probably forget that I can't use that stroke! 

Well I'll stop rambling on!

have a good weekend all! 

Linzi x

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I'm Exeter as well, they say breast stroke  o.k. as you are not putting the leg pass the midline

Also my son-in-law is nurse in Orthopaedics at Wonford Hospital Exeter

• Posted

Hi Sheila

Greetings from St Thomas south of river in Exeter!

Hope you are recovering well...and enjoying the sun

Swim well! I go to the David l3 gym where the pool is out of doors in summer!

Mi

X

• Posted

You are very good at thinking about exercises.mthe best way to get back into shape after thr. Everything seems to go south. Especially before surgery it's impossible to do much of anything. Just surviving the pain. Is a lot of work.

i was prescribed water exercises to build muscle and tendons. It's resistance training. I was at the pool twice a week and hot tub after .

the therapists are very helpful and work with each individual on a separate basis. After several months Imwas able to swim again. Do everything I had done before. And you will too!

ask you doc for water therapy and you too will be back swimming in less than you think!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.