exercise after hip revision lots of walking.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone

?I am now 10wks post op, about a month ago i took myself out for walks the weather is very nice and i needed to do more than just the phisio's exercises of which i have 9 different one's to do 4 times a day.

? I put a step app on my phone so i can keep an eye on what i am doing each day, it gave me a goal to aim for each time i went out, i started on a 2000 steps per day that was ok ,so i put it up every 4-5  days each time i made myself do more and aim to do it faster  i needed to keep focused, walking on your own is hard you have no one to talk to so i turned to nature i started to notice the different types of bee's there  size and colour and the different markings, i even managed to take pictures with my phone while i am out, before i realised i had walked so far it was so much easier having some thing else to focus on.

? I have been doing the walking for a month my weak operated leg is getting much stronger, i have walked further in the last month than i have in the last 7yrs since my first hip replacement went badly wrong.

?I have walked 187.121 steps covered 127km, and burned 6928kcal,its a great feeling of being out in the fresh air getting fitter week by week and i have joined a bee conservation group to.

?The phisio lady is very pleased with my progress i have my last session on Monday.

? So I can keep the exercise going in the winter i have purchased an exercise bike a present to myself to keep healthy.

?So every one keep up those exercises the phisio gives you keep focused and healthy.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are doing great there, I also use a phone app to track my walks - up to around 4 miles (6 to 7 km) daily now (3 weeks since revision)

I agree, it's lovely to get out and enjoy the countryside.

• Posted

Wonderful update. You're making progress . I remember your story and you have had a few set backs and nothing keeps you down. Great positive attitude will keep you movin.

I'm happy you're taking a sensible approach to your recovery. Every day more progress comes and amazed to hear of all your good news .

There is a full life after hip revision. 

May it only get better and better!

My Revision done in 2017 and all is back to normal.

Cheers

Hope 👍

• Posted

Wow you guys are awesome. I use a Fitbit. Try to walk a decent walk 3 times a week. Body groove twice a week and my exercises. 

I have had 2 hips replaced, 2nd one 10 weeks ago. 

Not a revision tho!!!!  Wow. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.