Exercise bp

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone know how high their BP reaches when exercising? interested to know as scared to exercise too much

need reassurance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Exercise is recommended for the cardiovascular system and BP usually lowers when training. Warm up correctly, listen to your body, and warm down correctly. If you are worried about your BP invest in a recommended digital device, speak to your GP about correct usage and take it from there.

• Posted

I find exercise lower my blood pressure. If my bp is higher I can bring it to normal after 15 mins of exercise. It does puzzle me as it should be higher after exercising.

• Posted

I have had my stress test where I ran for 15 minutes on treadmill. Doctor was continuosly monitoring blood pressure and peak heart rate.

Pre Exercise = 121/72

my peak BP during 10miles/hour run = 170/70 , Peak Heart Rate = 191

Post exercise ( 10 minutes ) after cool down = 116/73 , Heart Rate = 90

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.