Exercise brings on symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know they say that exercise will help perimenopause symptoms but i can no longer seem to do any exercise now. Before, i could and it wouldnt bother me at all, but now if i try to exercise i start hurting randomly, no special place, just anywhere, shoulder, back, legs , arms, etc. My heart also start palpitating. I dont understand this at all...anyone else out there ever experience this?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary!

So when you say you hurt,  Can you describe the pain?  

• Posted

Amy its not a stabbing pain but a nagging pain that hits anywhere ..more like in the muscle. Then the heart starts palpitating. My doctor thinks i have an overactive adrenal. So anything that may set if off cause a reaction, even if i eat or drink a certain food or liquid. Like i said, this is a new symptom , it was not this way last month . Before, i could jog or do any other light exercise but this month I cant.
    • Posted

Hi...my ardrenal glands were investigated via a 24 hr urine collection..they were absolutely fine and I’m nine yrs post meno...I am very active and suffer from ectopics and pal patio seating had an echocardiogram which showed mild mitral valve regurgitation which is quiet common and harmless...was told to keep exercising...swim walk gym..I ached a lot nine yrs ago but just continued.it will pass x
    • Posted

palpatations....ps my ardrenal were tested as I couldn’t 💤...prop relay and was constantly going to tori let and sweating it seems to have passed now and there saying I was suffering from anxiety and stress...glad I had a full mot...as didn’t have one when I had the early meno at 42..

• Posted

Mary

Up until 2 years ago I was an avid exercise taker. High impact, running Gym you name it then through stress i got various peri problems, I already had mild symptoms of peri but all of a sudden I was hit with extreme symptoms. I can no longer manage any heightened energy exercise it causes me palpitations, extreme sweating, sometimes triggers migraine, breathlessness to name a few, my weight has gone up by over 28Ilbs Muscle is now been replaced by fat. I eat super healthy no processed or sugar.

Now I do pilates and strength weights and yes it is uncomfortable but I work through it & I run and walk as much as I can.

I can not shift the spare tyre and I really have to push myself to exercise but I hope that I will get back to my old figure (which was by no means stick thin)

Try a little exercise it might be uncomfortable but it keeps the aching joints a little supple

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.