Exercise causing TN pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

My latest bout of trigeminal neuralgia came on Christmas eve and I suddenly thought; prior to that I had been bouncing on a mini trampoline every day for 30 minutes for nearly 2 months. Is it possible the bouncing caused the trigeminal vein to move in my head because I had been pain free for about 6 months. I'd like to start bouncing again but not sure if I should.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Grex,

If something triggers, I'd suggest stay away from that something.

My something was sleeping on stomach. Wouldn't trigger often, but the second time taught me to stay on my back. Wala, haven't had that trigger since. 5 years about.

eddie13

eddie13

• Posted

It is possible for TN to enter periods of dormancy only for a reoccurrence to happen at some point further down the line (from days to even years depending on the individual).  It may just be coincidence with the trampoline.  Your best thing to do is keep a pain diary and see if the bouncing does trigger pain on several occasions.
  • Posted

hi my name is alan.i sufferd from nueralgia since i was 13yrs.my pain also started after exercise.mine was running.30mins after running the pain was so bad i would collaps on the bed in agony.i had a operation for vascular decompression.now no pain on my left side,but still have pain on right side, very intermitent i may go years before pain comes back,but when it dose come back the pain is worse than last time.hope you sort yours out soon .alan
    • Posted

Yes, I think it's the actual bouncing that has disturbed the nerves or something. Shouldn't have been so silly. Thanks for replying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.