Exercise ECG for a mobility scooter user

Posted , 3 users are following.

My heart beat goes high too quickly. At rest 84 ish. Walk around 115, stairs 124, go upstairs walk one room then another 135. Carry washing load walking two rooms 135. Have managed to reach 145 walking upstairs. I am 36yrs old.

So the doctor wanted me to have an ECG as sitting in fron tof her I was 98.  So this week had an ECG - fine results as guess what, I was laying down trying to relax.  It was never expected it would be bad laying down relaxing.

So now I get to go for an exercise ECG.  My thoughts are that the safety advice talk they will probably give me before I start even walking on the treadmill will last longer than I will be doing the test lol.  As I wear a back support most the time, use 1 or 2 walking sticks or use a mobility scooter.  I even crawl at home at times.  I asked my kids if they think I will be allowed to do the test crawling on the treadmill. cheesygrin x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Be careful with that test. I had one and it made me feel real bad. For accelerated heartbeat, I take a beta blocker, Lopressor. Helps immensely.
    • Posted

My doctor offered me the injection method to test the heart but that made me think I wouldn't be in control.  If I'm the one who's moving and I feel yuck they can get me off and lay me down and that should sort it over about 20mins.  I have a finger heart beat reader and I tried to do 3mins on our treadmill yesterday.  It went up to 143 quite quickly. I got off and sat down cos not feeling great.  My heart rate stayed at the 140 - 130 even though I was sitting down. I thought it would go below 100 quicker. 

My hubby hopes the testing is done next to A&E.

I thought they would put me on Beta Blockers straight away but I guess they need to find out why it runs to high before they start the medicines?

Looking forward to not spending so much of my time light headed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.