exercise in treatment prostate enlargment

Posted , 6 users are following.

i suffer for night urgency urinating due to prostate iperplasia wich's  therapy is avodart omnic and serenoa repens. thats is from several years and i'm 70yrold. Some times i have to wake up every 1-2 hours too. But if i   ride an horse( standing up on stirrups never sitting down on saddle) for about 30 minutes trotting an galopping after i sleep also for 4-6 hours and during day  a can stay also 7-8 hours without needing toilet!!!!!

there is on web some urologist who knows the biomecanicals of riding movements and can tell me what happens? is a good exercise for  prostate or for bladder or for muscles or for back nerves???Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Studies have shown certain kinds of exercise can be beneficial for prostate health. Personally, I have less prostate symptons while I'm active than during periods of inactivity. In fact, I've found that if I have trouble urinating, walking around for 10-15 minutes can sometimes solve the problem. Maybe we're on the wrong track heading to the doctor's office when we should be heading to the riding stable!

Jim

• Posted

Probably should add that at least one form of exercise could have the opposite effect . That would be riding a bicycle with a narrow seat. These types of seats can actually make things worse for the prostate and split seats are often recommended. Standing up on the pedals I suppose would be another solution, such as you do on the stirrups. That way no pressure on the prostate. 

Jim

• Posted

thanks for your words.  I would only  know wich is the mecanism of the improvement on simptoms of night urgency  of urinating due to that  exercise .i have non doubts on their utility (many years of  experience tell me the improvement is real )
    • Posted

That is exactly right jimjames.  On a fluke, I discovered that if I simply walk to the kitchen and back (80 feet away) instead of to the bathroom (8 feet away), I'm able to void much more.  To Vandalo, not sure if you have any mobility / ambulatory issues.  If you don't, try walking.  And it doesn't have to be great distances.  If you can work your way up to 10,000 steps, you may notice a distinct cessation of some of your sypmtoms at least.

• Posted

If you fill a baloon with water and hold it up above the sink it drains quickly.  If you let it sit in the sink on it's opening it drains slowly if at all.  As we age our internal organs tend to sag downward and press on whatever is below them.  When we exercise we bring muscle tone back into it's role of holding the organs up. I find that almost any exercise is helpful with bladder draining. 
  • Posted

Thanks All. Great discussion on exercise and prostate issues. I exercise plenty but will start walking as well !!! Cheers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.