Exercise induced GERD/LPR, does this happened to you?

Posted , 17 users are following.

My acid reflux is brought on mostly by exercise, I keep trying to exercise but it just makes me sicker and weaker. I have not had any tests yet other than my Dr telling me I have GERD and I am taking Omeprazole 40mg. My breathing is also affected so I can't take a deep breath, and it seems to also close up in my esophagus if I really push the exercise. Can anyone relate to this problem?

1 like, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes, I have a similar problem. When I go running, I will wheeze and feel short of breath for 30mins to an hour after I have finished. Strangely, it doesn't affect me during this type of exercise. 

• Posted

So many simularities in symptoms for so many of us really, on reading mbs, l was diagnosed with acid r 20yr ago, and did have time of hearturn indagestion theat lasted 6month or so, that went when l had inflammed gall bladder removed. Later diagnosed intersticial cystitus and meds given, helped quite a bit, still the other symptoms, tiredness fatigue, general aches and pain, specific ones pelvic area mainly went to, but when you can function reasonably, you cope, and if mentioning to gps are often fobbed off, so you carry on. Then last year the nausea , but l had odd days of it going back long before, but not daily as last year, the scope and omp have helped, but looking back, you realise how long youve had symptoms.  For me the last 6month or so theyve become chronic and severe, very noticeable to me, less active more tired fatigue, weak sleepy, iffy stomach, other sysmtpoms. stay in more, only out short times short distances, also the mental affect, fogginess,

Like you, l,d seen cfs me fibro symptoms on here and related to some, but also wondered if l,d enough pain to suggest fibro, as th pelvic pain long standing and others also have more fatigue than pain, now in recent times started with severe shoulder hand pain, spasm, and in feet also, the gps usual vagueness, amybe fibro maybe not, big help, l think because there,s no definite test or treatment, theyre casual about it. Waiting to see rheumy, l think you do need gastro scope first to see if anything seen.  Scue typing, should and wrist pain today, let us know how you go on after toaking  to gp, best wishes to all.

• Posted

Went to my GP this morning and gave her a big hug for recently diagnosing me with LPR. I told her I have spent twenty years looking for an answer for my breathing problems, and she found an answer for me.

She has set up an appointment for a GI who I've heard is good. I am so happy to finally have some real answers coming. So thankful for all of you on here also by reading your stories I saw myself with the same symptoms and have finally been validated for what I was describing. Once I have the endoscopy it will be nice to move on to treating it  can now go to the next step which will be treatment, at least I am finally moving forward.

• Posted

Glad to hear your finally mmoving forward towards answers diagnoses and treatment, Validation of symptoms patiencts describe over a long perido is very important. Scue typing, not a good day for me, Best wishes.
  • Posted

I have reflux when I go jogging after dinner, but no problem if done before it...
    • Posted

You sure is reflux?  Or just the food coming back up?
    • Posted

They aren't the same thing? I have been suffering of GERD for the past 1 year
    • Posted

Exactly, the are not the same thing- But you said is after you eat and then jog, not if you jog first.  Do you get it after you eat, or just when you jog after eating
    • Posted

I finally have an endoscopy date on June 9th, they will call the day before to let me know what time! Yeah!
    • Posted

Like we say in Puerto Rico, WEPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!  ;-)
    • Posted

I need to hear that pronounced! I didn't learn that in my Spanish course in college. Ha ha!

• Posted

ok, so how about like we say in the Air Force. HAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

• Posted

OPSSS, HUAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!   jejejeje

• Posted

Glad to hear youve a date for E, counting down the days l,m sure, l also cant wait to see what your told is causing your probs, and hopefully youll get a solution, Good luck with it
    • Posted

Thank you, I am excited to find answers. I hope there is an answer in there. It has been a long time coming. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.