Exercise or not

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been told,that there is a 'Dip' in my ECG and they want me to go on medication leading up to a Angiogram,I have not  even decided if I will do this yet,as no pains in my chest,just feel a bit tired lately.

I am  exercising like mad, but they are telling me to stop completly,why is this, I thought you had to exercise whatever ?

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What gets me is,I said I was a bit out of breath.

From that they have now put me on 4 tablets and heading for a Angiogram.

What if all this is wrong and its something else ?

'Have you pains in the chest ?   No. Are you sure ?   Yes.

'Of course you have diabetes ?    No

'Have you swollen ankles ?   No.

• Posted

Shortness of breath is not a good sign at your age. Are you a smoker and what level is your blood oxygen saturation when you were at the doctors last? If it's low you aren't getting a good exchange possibly between your heart and lungs as these two need to work together. Where do you live as I'm in California and have Kaiser for insurance and would only wait a couple of weeks for this procedure. What medication did they put you on?
    • Posted

I am in the UK.

Never smoked.

4 different tablets ---Asparin,Clopidogrel  'like' asparin.

Atorvastin and the one they never had at the time--Bisoprolol.

blood oxygen saturation ?  Not been told,next thing to ask .

• Posted

I went to my GP for a checkup.

I said I didn't have any health issues.

But after an office BP, I didn't meet World Health Organisation standard for blood pressure.

I was prescribed Ramipril.

I got very short of breath and collapsed whilst exercising with dog.

Patient Information Leaflet said don't do exertive exercise.

Clinic nurse couldn't understand my worsening BP of 180/80.

Eventually had severe allergic type reaction.

GP didn't believe it was caused by his prescription.

I stopped taking it and I returned to normal.

I complained face to face to the surgery manager.

She asserted that my alleged reaction could not have happened on the basis that it was so improbable.

This led to me being forced to voluntarily accept further medication.

I thought this time I needed my own measurable proof of a reaction.

I used a recording (24hr) pulse oximeter to measure my blood oxygen saturation - and there was the proof:

an overnight recording showed reduced and unstable %SpO2.

I was right - it was the drugs.

Attached is what I showed my GP.

What followed is another story.

• Posted

Yes I agree with you about the Ramipril,  my wife takes it, al the dam drugs have side affects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.