Exercise recomme

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got diagnosed with AS about a year ago and the pain has gotten worse in the last 7 month. I went gluten free and it has helped with the pain a bit, and I tried yoga but I had to stop because my achilles tendonitis got worse and now I am going to physical therapy for it. I have started Humira but it will take another month or so to see if it is working. Does anyone have any recommendations for exercise that can help reduce my pain level that I can do while my ankle gets better?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Exercising in the water has worked wonders for me. I can do much more in the water without much joint impact. If you're not up for swimming laps, you can try various aqua exercises. Also, your PT should have great suggestions. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.