Exercises for housebound overweight person

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am trying, with out much look to find exercise books, information or a trainer for myself.

I am unable to get out or mobilise properly, this is causing me to put on weight and this in turn is effecting my health.

Any suggestions or help please.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello to you, I've just been trying to catch up on some of the posts that I was going to respond to!  So here I go to try to help You!?

I understand your problem sadly only too well!   I have had 2 failed total knee replacements and my arthritis is making it more difficult to keep moving!  Therefore the pounds have increased which I hate so much! 

My parents had 7 children, only 1 is totally mobile and tries hard to keep his weight down.  With the rest of us 3 are wheelchair or walker dependant, I use a cane the other 2 aren't far behind me!   The sad part is that we are all fighting with obesity and aren't managing ourselves well at all!  We were all hoping that a medical researcher would study the group of us! 

There are TV programs that feature exercising in a chair.  You can also google for exercises for wheelchair bound or physically impaired people.  It'll take alot of dedication and hard work on your part but will be more than worth it!  I am trying harder to be more active but then I pay for it in pain for the next 1 to 2 days! 

My 91 year old Mother was taking sit down Zumba lessons and other low impact exercises 2 to 3 times a week at her local Seniors Centre.  She often goes on her own using the Darts system for transportation to and from! 

Remember that what you eat and do decides how your weight and overall health is!  Good luck, try googling, I know that there is a wealth of information that you are looking for.  Susan  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.