Exercising

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello there guys, I wanted to get some in put on having MS and working out. Is it safe for people with MS to workout on a daily basis?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Working out and exercise is very good for us; in fact many say you control MS through diet and exercise.   Of course talk with your doctor if you have any concerns.
  • Posted

Having MS and working out really depends on each individual and what type of MS you have. For me my Dr Told me to think of my body as a battery, if I use to much energy I can end up in a relapse, ( use to be a distance runner) and refused to stop doing my workouts now for me and what part of my brain is effected this was doing me harm. So I had to modify. Getting out and moving this drunk walking body lol is so good for me, But I know when it get home I'm going to be in bed for a few hours so walking is a 3x a week thing. I can't stay awake without the help of Modafinil without it I can sleep 18 to 20 hrs in the day.

• Posted

Oh im so jealous. Modafinil hasnt helped my fatigue AND I cannot sleep at night without Xanax so I'm even more exhausted on top of it. I hate having to take Xanax but its the only thing working for me now and I've tried every sleep aid (natural/OTC) and Ambien, Belsomra, Trazodone, etc. For whatever reason Xanax puts me to sleep.

Going to the neuro today to see if Ocrevus is right for me instead of Tecfidera... here's hoping...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.