Exhausted !!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I ve been on mirt for year and a half on 45mg since june 16. I am also on venlafaxine.

I need to sleep at least 10 hrs and often wake up still exhausted. I wake constantly in the night. I don t think it helps my anxiety at all but am not sure.

I want to reduce but am worried it can be more sedating at loser doses. Really scared of withdrawals. Also I get dizzy and tired doing things.

Has anyone else experienced this and what happened when they reduced ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, 45mg is a therapeutic dose as an antidepressant. I'm a Registered Mental nurse but I take mirtazapine to aid sleep.

I know the consultants combine drugs but lower dose ie 30mg and below helps sleep, I take 15mg.

If you were to try to reduce it I'd knock 5mg off each time with a tablet splitter or even do 45mg one day 30mg the next and after about 2 weeks so 30mg each day in that pattern. Your maybe tired as it is sedative type and I take Pregabalin too so know how it feels. Good luck hun.

• Posted

I am still struggling with low moods at 30mg. It seems as if my body gets used to the dose and then dips. It has helped with sleep though. You mentioned that 45mg is theraputeic dose for depression. Are you saying that that is the usual dose to help with depression?
  • Posted

i didnt find 15mg or 30mg any help with sleeping starting 45mg friday hope this helps
  • Posted

I find 15 mg and 30 mg helps me with my sleep....was an appalling sleeper before. Considering having to try 45mg as low moods increasing again. Worried that it won't help with sleep though so trying to p,Pugh through for a bit longer.

• Posted

For the record, I was on 15 mg of Mirt to treat chronic insomnia which in turn caused extreme anxiety, and sure enough depression soon followed.  I was put on 15 mg and straight away it sorted out the insomnia, which sorted out the anxiety and depression.  I did a slow taper to try to avoid any withdrawal/discontinuation symptoms and it was fine.  Yes the lower doses can be more sedating for some, but it sounds like you have nothing to lose Sarah.

I did a lot of research before starting my taper, and the best advice I found and am eager to pass on, is to taper no more than 10% every 3-4 weeks, or in my case 5% every 2 weeks.  For an informed choice, if you would like to, click on my name and follow the links under my status.  It pays to do research because tapering wrngly from Mirt' can cause some crazy symptoms.

Wishing you well smile  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.