Exhausted

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all I've just dropped to 9mg of pred from 10mg this is my 5th day I have to stay on this for a month then if I'm ok drop to 8mg, so far I haven't had much pain but sleep or I should say lack of it is still a big problem and today I have been so exhausted I feel so drained I was just wondering is this normal as you reduce 

thanks hope everyone is doing ok Molly 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If the sweats have also got worse again it sounds as if you are somewhere about the borderline for the dose you need at present - you aren't heading for zero, you are looking for the dose that manages the sympotms as well as the starting dose did.

Once you get to 10mg the drop of 1mg is  10%  - as you go further the 

% increases. Maybe you'd manage better with half mg drops now or using the "Dead slow and nearly stop" approach that a lot of people on the forums have found works better to get them to a lower dose as their body doesn't rebell as much against the change.

Below about 8mg your body has to start making its own natural corticosteroid again but that level varies from person to person, higher in some. lower in others. One of the signs it isn't catching up yet is increasing fatigue - and dropping the dose by 1mg every month will make that fatigue worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.