Exhausted 6 1/2 weeks out after TKR

Posted , 13 users are following.

It’s been almost 7 weeks now since I’ve had a total knee replacement. They tell me at PT that I am on schedule with my physical therapy however, I feel like my energy and joy were zapped out of me since my surgery. I just cannot seem to get it back. I did have some difficulties with headache, nausea, diarrhea and a weird feeling in my head for about 10 days after going off of my pain med. I did gradually wean myself off. I had been on it for about 2 1/2 weeks.

I guess I am just reaching out to see if anyone else had any of these symptoms going on for them. I am a teacher and scheduled to go back to work next week (7 wks out). I am a little apprehensive about it as I don’t know how I will do and I’m feeling some anxiety over it

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It was a least five months before I was able to function after knee replacement. I was unable to use the pain drugs, so it was a tough go. I was told that my diabetes contributed to the lengthy healing process. Now it's been nine years and I still have some pain occasionally and my leg swells. I have found that wearing support hose helps tremendously ...thigh high only. They have to go above the knee. The hose definitely helps balance.If you are taking Tylenol, beware of side effects with feeling dizzy. This usually happens in older women.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.