Exhausted all the time . Help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello friends, I am in suffering with a rheumatoid arthritis for about 12 or 13 years. I'm currently on methotrexate and Humira,  I started Humira about six months ago and I've been suffering with this deep exhaustion even if I haven't done anything I'm always a little bit low in iron and of course I forget to take my my vitamins  but even when I take them I don't feel any different, I don't think they help at all is there anything that I can take to beat this tiredness? Please help me I need to work , what can I do?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When I took MTX it made me fatigued but I think RA in general makes you tired. My doc recommended D3 and I take 5000 IU a day. It took less than 24 hours for me to feel the difference. If you are not trying it, then just try it to see if it helps, it can't hurt you.

• Posted

Hi river22 , id D3 OTC?  I will certainly give it a try thank you for your advice. How many pills do you have to pay to get 5000 IU 
  • Posted

Hi to you, sorry to hear about your fatigue.  I am sad to say t really does seem to be an enormous part of the disease, though not discussed so much.  I dont take mtx and I am on Abatacept (biologic) but have fatigue.  Some days good so e poor.  I laugh when I say I make the bed inthe late morning and have to lie down for another rest.  Sadly sometimes sleep doesnt help at all it seems to be a different tiredness...its horrible and I sometimes think the joint pain is preferable.   Try the D3, I take that, also efamol evening oil of primrose helps me, worth a try for your future.   Also the vitamin boost drinks are good short term
  • Posted

Hi Downey girl !!

First I was wondering are you from Downey, CA .... if so I'm from LBC....

This is probably going to upset some people, but I have to work also and the only thing that helps me with my RA fatigue is one b-12 in morning and I take caffeine pills during the day or I will fall asleep delivering mail for us post office.

To me it's just like those 5 hour energy drinks but without the vitamins because I take on my own... good luck and stay awake especially when driving 😊🇺🇸🏝

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.