Exhausted and just need support!

Posted , 1 user is following.

im a week into being diagnosed with Shingles...doctor took one look at a rash, a swollen Lymph node and said...yep...you have shingles...

Since then...i have become exhausted ..tired all the time, 3 small but very itchy rashes that are developing very small blisters and doing what theu need to do...but these symptoms are exhausting.

i dont so much have the severe pain...yet 😄 itchy yes and at times feels like the skin is sunburnt so does cause some pain but in general....just exhausted.

i have flu like symptoms, so bit of a chest cold and heavy head, i feel a bit nauseas at times, and in general just so exhausted its hard...

i dont have time ti always rest and with another few weeks of expected shingles...i just need some encouragement and support!

my lymph is still swollen, ny rashs are still coming through and going through their process and these exhausting flu symptoms are taking their toll ....just some words that it gets better....cause im out if self motivation and energy!

thanks to anyone who reads and comments 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Gary...these are my symptoms also...started out with flu like symptoms...cough ... then developed rash on my face, head, neck ears. zapped of all energy. sleeping constantly. went to Urgent care 2x. diagnosed with upper respiratory infection and shingles! put on medicine 3x a day for a week. coughing was so bad at times that i could not catch my breath! always wondered if this was part of the shingles. like you, not too much painn...just itching and burning. on my 4 week now. cough has improved. Have scabs on my face and blisters in my ears. totally exhausted and tired...i guess this is part of it? just wondered if this is all because of the shingles. by the way... i had a shingle shot 5 years ago and this past summer i had the new shingles shot which is a series of 2! i guess u can get shingles even if you have the vaccine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.