Exhausted, anyone?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 48. I should be full of the joys of spring. Does anyone else have a sudden bout of exhaustion? It comes from nowhere, lasts anything from a couple of hours to a couple of days and then leaves. It's like 'flu without the snot and sore throat. Any thoughts?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I am 40 years old and as far as i know started peri about 5 months ago.I have those days that I'm so exhausted nothing matters to me but sleep. It lasts for three or four days and then I'm back to my normal self cooking, baking , cleaning and playing with my two and four year old sons.
  • Posted

Hi Louise,

Possible peri menopausal?

I have been battling this since 41. I am now 53.

That was a symptom I had in the very beginning. and still have at times now.

Yes we woman don't have it easy. Everyone is different. Make an appointment for some blood work. They can tell you just about where you are (in menopause). by your blood levels.

Good luck,

Maggie

• Posted

Hello. Yes, I am peri with a whole bag of issues. It was the tiredness that floored me today! It's so depressing to think that this can go on and on and on............x
    • Posted

Hi Louise,

I have started charting my symptoms and I have noticed that the extreme exhaustion usually happens 3-5 days before my period. I try to take my iron supplements regularly during this time. But sometimes it catches me unawares if my period is planning to come early. This knowledge doesn't stop the tiredness but it helps me to plan around it more effectively.

• Posted

I'm taking menopace, but it might be worth me looking into iron supplements too. Thanks for the tip x
  • Posted

Here her certainly I got it. I am 46 turning 47 soon. I have a sudden drop of energy like discribed. I also feel so sleepy all of a sudden too. Good luck Louis. It is hard going through this peri.. sad
  • Posted

Yes I get that too. Today I just can't wake up. I have Multiple sclerosis too among other things but have never quite felt this exhausted. I am 53 and haven't had a period since November. Been having peri symptoms for at least 2 years now. It's depressing.
    • Posted

It is depressing, but being on this forum and having replies from all you ladies, at least I know it's 'normal', which is very comforting. I can't imagine what it must be like to have MS too. Wishing you all the best x
  • Posted

Hi Louise, Oh yes...welcome to the club...not one you may like, but at least here on this forum, you will find support from a lot of nice ladies!  I just can't believe there are so many of us!!  I only found it a few days ago, and I thought I was alone...Surprise!!  We are NOT alone!!  It's shocking that so many of us are going through this!!  Lots of support and great information that is shared!!  I just got back from a doc apt, and made to grocery store stops, and I am exhausted, I can hardly move, and every part of my body hurts.  All I want to do is close my eyes, and go to sleep.  It's crazy, I never used to be like this! I really wanted to go to one of my favorite stores to do a little shopping for me...I didn't even want to go back out to do that...now THAT is NOT like me at all!!  Me not want to go buy something new?????  mad  Good Luck Dear!!
    • Posted

Thank you. On a positive note, just think of all the money you'll save! Brilliant idea: What if, each time that happens, you put the money you would have spent somewhere safe, before you know it you'll have enough for a nice relaxing spa day, or a holiday somewhere warm and dry.......

All the best to you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.