Exhausted, can't find a cause. Any ideas what it can be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. I'm a 25 year old girl/woman from the Netherlands. I am struggling with my health for a few years already. So far I can't find any solutions or causes, so I thought I try here. Maybe someone here can help me a bit further. 

I have had a lot of health problems in my entire life. But this tiredness started about 3 years ago. I started to do naps after work, cause I just couldn't stay up anymore. It went good for a few weeks and then it started over again. When I went on a holiday to Vienna for a week, I came back totally exhausted. I thought I was tired from the trip but I just didn't recover anymore. 

After a while I started to notice I did good for 2 weeks, and extremely bad for another 2 weeks. I noticed it followed my menstruation cyclus. So I changed from a "combined pill" to a "mini pill". I don't menstruate anymore. 

It went better with my tiredness a little while. Then it started to get worse and worse again. Now it follows the moon. With full moon I get so extremely tired, that I sometimes have trouble walking or even moving. Sometimes I can't lift my arms or legs anymore, because I do not have the strength anymore. 

Normally it goes better when full moon is over. But between the full moons I stil feel tired and worn out. 

My most important symptoms are:

- extremely exhausted

- sometimes too tired to move arms or legs

- I can feel less in my arms and legs

- high heart rate

- shortage of breath

- high body temperature

- thirst

- brain fog

- I sometimes have trouble to find words

- it gets worse during full moon

- Weight gaining. I gained 16 kilos in a bit more than a year. It stopped now, but I still am not able to lose weight. 

I am taking vitamin pills cause. Vitamin D is helping a bit. I feel better when I take extra magnesium as well. I take vitamin b12 pills as well. My b12 was good, but could be higher. 

So far my doctor has tested me on: Thyriod, Hemoglobin, Diabetes, B12, Lyme disease, Pheiffer (had that already when I was 12), CPK. It's all normal. 

I am pretty sure it's not mental problems and It's not due to stress. 

Does anyone has ideas what this can be or maybe what else my doctor can test on? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Side effects of certain medications can cause this. Check out the side effects on all your medications.
    • Posted

I don't take any medication beside birth control pill and vitamin supplements.

And those can't have those side effects.

I have been thinking about quitting with birth control for a while. But my menstruation cyclus was problematic and when i still had a cyclus i was ill (too tired to do anything including walking and sitting) for 2 weeks a month and with the mini pill 'only' about 5 days a month. So i doubt that is a good idea.

• Posted

Hi Twiink,

so sorry to hear your health Dilema, did you do any genetic test? I would suggest strongly to do it if you haven't yet.

i suffered and I still do for years from pain and tiredness no one knew what was wrong with me till I had a genetic test, then suddenly everything made sense, not that I'm feeling any better, but at least I know what my problems are.

good luck

• Posted

I didn't take a genetic test. I don't think they do that often in the Netherlands. Only if they think of a disease already. 

What kind of genetic testing did you get?

• Posted

I think you have a very good reason to ask them for the test as no one knows what is the cause of your problems. You can also make one privately, here in Australia it cost around $400.00, but for the peace of mind it would worth every dollar, you will never know what you might find out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.