Exhausted, Dizzy, Memory loss, Double Vision - REALLY NEED SOME HELP!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Out of nowhere I changed. I was a fully functioning 24 Y/O company director and then all of a sudden I was hit by multiple symptoms; I was sitting on my phone and suddenly realised i couldn't understand the words on the screen, I felt a cold rush down the right side of my head followed by an increase of heart rate, tremors and a sense that I was going to die. I was rushed to the A&E department (although have no recollection of this) had a series of blood tests taken and sent home with the results normal. The following day the same thing happened again and I was taken back to hospital where they did more blood tests and a CT Scan of my brain, which came back normal. This was 4.5 months ago.

Since then my symptoms have multiplied and I am now experiencing; short term memory loss, a constant right sided headache, blurred & double vision, mass fatigue, insomnia, muscle aches & pains, weakness of my left side, confusion, heightened emotions, chest pain, anisocoria (different sized pupils), the list goes on really...

I have seen multiple GP's, been to A&E a further 15 times, seen a neurologist and different mental health professionals. No one can figure out my problem and have said its a mystery. 

I am so exhausted that I cant get out of bed, I cant eat, and I cant sleep even though I want to sleep so badly. The neurologist diagnosed Functional Neurological Disorder but the GP's & mental health team disagrees so I have no idea what to think and how to treat myself. Living minute to minute, second to second right now, trying to cope. This has totally taken control of my life as I am unable to perform simple every day tasks, and has quite frankly made me feel suicidal because of the pain. 

Stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Any ideas?  Would be highly appreciated!  thank you 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Had a friend similar was eventually found to have Weils Disease traced back to swimming in infected river water whilst on Holiday. Connected to diseases carried by rats. Bit off the wall but have you ever swimming in those sort of conditions. Took him couple years to get diagnosis
    • Posted

Hi sam, thank you very much for suggestion, i have actually, i will need to chase this up, i have had two dogs next to a sewer before, i will certainty have a look into this! thank you! smile  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.