Exhausted for several months now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 32 year old woman with three children. I am a stay at home mom (although the youngest is in school half a day and the other two in school all day)

I have been exhausted since around the beginning of this year. I have had a LEEP procedure is April  last year for precancer on my cervix and another LEEP procedure in April this year for Stage 0 non invasive cancer

My doctor does not feel my tiredness is coming from this. I have had a complete bloodwork done and it shows nothing! I'm sure my boyfriend thinks it is all in my head but this is crazy! I wake up more tired than when I went to bed...find myself taking one or more naps during the day....and have difficulty completing my typical daily tasks! I was very active and always doing something never sitting still for as long as I can remember. Now I can barely get off the couch without feeling the need to sit again. In the evening. The fatigue is so bad I get lightheaded and nauseous! 

Does anyone have any clue what could be wrong with me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Beckles,

I'm not a doctor so this is only advice based on my own thoughts. I think with the emphasis around fatigue and the fact that all your other tests are fine it could well be CFS. Have you had your vitamin D checked? I don't know where you are from but in the UK vitamin D isn't part of the regular blood testing panel.

It took me just over a year to get diagnosed with CFS. I had an inkling in that year that I may have been experiencing CFS but I had so many symptoms that I didn't know for sure. After lots and lots of tests I finally decided to go on the ME association website after seeing someone on TV describing CFS, realising all my symptoms were linked I printed off the symptoms and highlighted all the ones I was experiencing and took it to the doctor. It is difficult to get a diagnosis and some doctors may make you feel crazy but keep fighting for the answers you need. You know your body better than anyone.

I only have 1 child and I've found it extremely difficult managing everyday life and activities because of my symptoms so it must be really hard managing 3. I hope you get the answers you need!

• Posted

Sounds like it could be ME/CFS. Do you get tired beyond what's normal when you do an activity? If so, that's the red flag for this illness.

• Posted

Hi I truly believe that cfs is a

Symptom rather than an illness of its own, it’s just really difficult to work out what. I have cfs some days and not others, depends how much energy my body is using on other things. I believe mine is hormone related as I have fibro

Some days too I work full time and find deep sleep is the key, magnesium helps with this at bedtime. Best of luck I think it’s a long journey but you will get there, keep nagging your doctors. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.