Exhausted of being afraid I have bowel cancer .

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone.I'm 22 years old female , 1.80 cm and 98 kilos. I'd like to share my story with you ,hoping that you might be able to ease my worries.

On 22nd October I had an accident , I fell in the middle of the street cracking my leg and I almost got hit by a car;it was raining like hell that day ,btw. I was rushed to the hospital where I was told that I need to have an emergency surgery because I developed compartment syndrome ;had I not had the surgery , I would have ended up with necrotised muscles and facing the possibility of either having to have my leg cut out or even lose my life. I stayed at the hospital for a total of 16 days . During that period of time , I was having a bowel movement every 3 days.I was severely constipated and scared that something might be wrong with me. My gastroenterologist assured me that it was normal . 2 more surgeries followed up .( i had to habe screws placed on my ankle ).Please note that I've been taking meds and lots of antibiotics.

When I got home , things seemed to be getting a lot better.I started having normal frequent bowel movements every single day. Then I got a staph infection all over my leg =more meds. My bowels were messed up after that . I would have stools ranging from type one till type 7 on the Bristol stool chart. Diarrhoea rarely occurred . Maybe 2 or three times ever since I had the accident. I got obsessed with my bowel movements and started googling basically everything .

I figured that my bowels and the changes that occurred were and still are a little more intense during my period . I read that it's normal due to the body producing a certain hormone.

Then about a month after the whole staph thing ended I got mastoiditis =more meds. I realised that my stool has been getting flat but I don't experience just that shape.

I have no idea what ribbon like stools look like so I can't define them as such, so ill describe mine and maybe you can tell me if they are ribbon like; they have normal width of a healthy stool and lengthwise it's like taking a hot dog and cutting it exposing it's meaty flesh ; now , I have to state that I also have normal shaped stools but when I searched online I got terrified about the results of flat stool.

On 2015 I was diagnosed with esophagitis of 3rd degree and have been receiving medication ever since.On the good side , it dropped to 1st degree this year and my gp was amazed by my progress.

I see no blood , I feel no lumps , I have no diarrhoea, I haven't lost ( unintentionally ) any weight , I have great blood tests , I've had my organs ( also liver ) checked in 2015 and all came out great , I've had my thyroid and neck lymphs checked (last year ) with ultrasound and blood work .

When I wipe for the last few months some times not all the times maybe once every other month if I wipe hard enough I see spots of bright red blood and feel like there is something like an open wound .

I've visited 3 gastroenterologists and have been examined ;they find no reason why I'm so worried about colon cancerbut I am horrified . I've always been a huge hypochondriac so I can't deal with this . Thank you in advance .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The accident occurred on October 22 of 2016.
  • Posted

Hi. If this is becoming too much for you, could you persuade your Dr to ask for a colonoscopy? I'm not a medical person so can't help you with your symptoms, but this would show any problem. You seem far too young for bowel cancer though. 

• Posted

Every time I asked for one they would either laugh or get infuriated claiming that it's a serious procedure and can have complications and that there's no need to have one at my age.

• Posted

I would also like to add that I was immobile for a whole year because of my accident and I'm still not walking a lot or of course running around ; do you guys think that my immobility has something to do with it ?

• Posted

Not being rude but your accident was 22nd October 2016? How can you be immobile for 1 year when October 2016 was 3 months ago?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.