Exhausted on Sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I've been on sertraline for about 9-10 weeks. And the last few days I've felt so tired.

As soon as I get in bed I'm not tired. I eventually fall

A sleep and wake very early like 5.30/6.

I'm at work and struggling to keep my eyes open. Never felt so tired. Will this pass? Anyone else felt the same? I'm taking it for General anxiety disorder.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

How many mg did you take..?
  • Posted

Hi. Yes this medication will cause you to feel tired, I took it at night to ease some of the tiredness . Also, for me it did not take away all my anxiety, I take Xanax as needed. Are you having othet side effects?
    • Posted

I had a nap at work in the staff toilet lol. Then came home and went to sleep for 15 hours. I take it at night and I'm wide awake.. I will eventually fall a sleep and wake early. Then I find I'm tired during the day. Maybe I need to drop bk down to 50mg. I'm sweating more and find it hard to orgasm. I'm also dry down below.

What about you? What is xanax is it working? Any side effects?

• Posted

I think you might need to drop down.im taking 25mg only not much side effects
  • Posted

Hi there everyone. New to the sight so bear with me. Iv being on setraline since December was taking 25mg but was upped and upped until Im now on 100mg. I found it difficult to orgasm and was dry so I would say that's normal. But all is good now so hang on there. Also tiredness get a better. Try taking your dose after breakfast otherwise it will have a tendency to keep you awake at night. It does say in your info pack with the pills that if you have forgot to take it and it's bed time then skip it until the following day. Hope this helps but make sure you seek the right support before lowering your dose yourself xx

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Are you still on 100mg? My doc told me to take it at night. I think that was because the side effects were bad to start with and I just started a new job. Dizzy, pupils delated etc. That's passed now. So maybe I need to start taking it in the Morning. Are still finding it hard to orgasm?

I think I will stay on this dose another month or so then decrease with docs advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.