Exhausting recovery after spinal fusion.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All, 

I had a four level spinal fusion six months ago, was having terrible pains every day, but now I have less pain. However, I am getting very exhausted and need to sleep more than usual. I am 34 and this over sleeping makes me crazy. Although I am taking opioids, the doses are smaller than ever, yet I feel very exhausted and must sleep during the day more than an average. My neurosurgeon told me that I should sleep for next 6 month and when waking up I would feel perfect. smile But I am wondering, how long it would last and whether anybody else has the similar experience? This is definitely not the last spinal fusion, I must do the other one in few years, also four level, and then probably would have to replace my hips. So I would be full of metals, but hopefully get more years of better life, although not sure whether I will sleep all the time. Any hints what to do?

Cheers!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a farewell party yesterday since I am moving to another country and pain this morning was unbelievable. The same like when I was in hospital. I alsmost took the morphium pill which I did not for a long time. No partying for me. sad

• Posted

In a month and half. I will be travelling 12 hours by the train, but better than by bus. i will be able to walk around the train at least.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.