Exhaustion

Posted , 15 users are following.

hi everyone.  Me again...I'm 8weeks post TKR and not doing too badly apart from the usual sleepless nights, stiffness and ache at back of knee, etc etc but I wondered if anyone else experiences getting  to about now (7pm) ish and feeling absolutely exhausted, and every part of my body hurting?  I had to go to bed this afternoon and slept for an hour but still feel dodgy.  Is it still my body recovering from the operation?  Lord knows how I'm going to be able to go back to work in four weeks time - not gonna happen.  

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is so long ago since I had my TKR 3 years now but I have only recently joined this group. So it is difficult to remember what I was like at your stage I'm afraid. I initially joined the group because I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed a couple of weeks ago.

Then I came across this knee problem group, you all seemed to be really struggling and I thought I would give you all some encouragement.

Now 3 years on all the hard work has paid off and it is like having my life back, Things will ge better.

Keep up the exercises and good work

Love Ssarah xxx

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed about forty years ago!  Was i glad to be rid ofit!  never had any problems  for lack of the darned thing!  Thanks for the encouraging message about the knee. .good to hear from those who have  left all this behind and are enjoying pain free walking!
  • Posted

Hi Elaine 

i am at 15 weeks post TKR and I can assure you that it gets easier ! The sleepless nights don't last forever and you will get back to work. I stupidly did at 5 weeks and set myself back a bit ! I'm now well on and going to the gym and walking miles most days. I never thought I would get a decent bend either but you can with effort. No pain no gain is true I'm afraid. 

Keep pushing on (not too hard though) you will know when you have done too much. good luck.

Mike

• Posted

Thanks mike. That's good to know. I only did a short trip to the shops today and had to go to bed this afternoon!  I wasn't out more than an hour...I do hope it gets easier. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.