Exhaustion - depression and anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I take 40mg of Citalopram once a day and 40mg of Propranolol 3 times a day and I am constantly absolutely exhausted. Some nights I sleep, and some nights I drift in and out of horrendous nightmares. It makes no difference, whether I wake up from 10 hours sleep or 2, I am always horribly tired, with no energy to do anything whatsoever. Is there anything I can take for this? Has anybody else had the same problem? I don't know what to do sad

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you need the pills ?

If you cannot do without them also try singing and thinking happy thoughts just before you dose off and when you wake up.

I wish you well and remember exhale red air and inhale blue calm air.

I read that somwhere

Good luck xx Win xx

• Posted

How long have u been on propranolo 40mg 3x a day??? I was also on that dose and it made me like that, but they were a god send to me. I am still on propranolol but now on the same dose x a day plus 100mg sertraline. I found that if I took them after 7pm my sleep was jumbled. 
  • Posted

Hello

I use Propranolol totalling 160mg per 24 hour period. Would you be able to tell us if the constant tiredness started around the time that you began taking them. It would help to give you advice if you could provide a rough timeline eg; how long you have been taking the meds, and how long you have been suffering the symptoms you've described.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Try to find out if you suffer from Sleep Apnoea ..! Because I feel exactly the same as you do. We discovered that I have been having mild apnoea.! Now, I have been using a breathing apparatus at night. I haven`t got used to it yet, but a have been trying. Go and check it out...!!
  • Posted

The issue started around January/February last year, I suppose a similar time to me going on the medication. However, I did start off on a lower dose of propranolol, which was upped steadily, and I also had a period of time in the middle when I didnt take anything, and the exhaustion was just as bad, if not a little worse. I've done some reading on sleep apnoea and that seems to be more of a physical issue?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.