Exhaustion versus Loneliness: Loneliness Wins

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm still supposed to be resting but I miss being on the computer and talking to everyone.  .

Couldn't wait to get back online today.  How is everyone?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello again Rose.  Just wanted to say as well that I totally agree that depression and feeling rejected by society is a very big part and problem of this illness.  I sometimes wonder if it's best to keep hoping that thing, ie I, will be normal again or just accept that it never will.  At the moment I'm trying to immagine a new normal.  There must be so many people like us.  I know I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy but we are really strong  people you know.  We cope with so much every day.  And we keepd going, we endure.  You deserve a medal Rose just for getting to your computersmilesmile
    • Posted

Hi Mo,

Thanks for that, the medal thing smile Yes, a new normal.  We will never the same again, that's for sure.  If any thing good comes from us being sick it will be a great understanding and compassion for others with chronic illness.

I would love to know the name of the site where you got your colouring book.  I'm pretty sure that would be O.K. to mention but if you're not sure, you can private message me.

I want to hold the crayons in my hot little hand again and colour away my stress. biggrin

• Posted

Hi Rose,  I found the colouring books on Amazon.  It seems to be quite a thing at the moment.  Like I said I saw one on sale in Tesco just the other week.  The pictures tend to be quite intricate which can make them challenging for me when I'm really tired.  But it's so satisfying playing around with colours again.  Something I've not done for so long and really gives me a boost.  Hope you find something you like and get colouringsmile

• Posted

Hi Mo,

Oh, yes.  I bought one from Amazon and found the drawing to be too intricate for me, especailly as I prefer crayons.  Coloured pencils are just too difficult for me to use.

It's a shame because the drawings  are so beautiful.  They remind me of book illustrations.  I almost don't want to touch them.

But thank you so much for letting me know. I'll keep looking.

I was reading online that adult colouring books have taken the world by storm.  They're hugely popular now, so maybe the market will improve to include people like me who love crayons.biggrin.

• Posted

Hi Rose,

I've ended up off line all week ! My phone had an issue and then the charger broke. my desk top is too much to sit at when i feel as i have but, have some energy now. I agree, mental is just as exhausting,if not more so sometimes, as physical.

yes, beautiful autumn here. I've collected some leaves for halloween as the children like to decorate the house.

They do have voice recognition programmes, or did, for computers but they wweren't very good, I believe?

How are you feeling now? 

B

• Posted

Hi Bev,

I've had a much better week thanks but I went to a health seminar on Wednesday night and am now paying for it dearly.  The main reason I went was to find a good doctor and I'm hoping  to find one soon.

Yes, the desk top is really tiring to sit at.  I used to have a laptop when I was bedridden.  The problem with that is that because it was so accessable, I way, way overdid it. 

I love Autumn leaves, especailly Oak.  I love the smoke drifting from a garden bonfire at dusk, the smell of earthy things and mist from my breathe.  There is such beauty in the simple things of life.  And healing.

Hope you continue to enjoy your Autumn day.

Love Rosexx

• Posted

Morning Rose,

I hope that you get a good doctor from the seminar, its a major part of recovery/management to feel supported I feel. I too have overdone things but, am feeling less down with it, if that makes sense? such a roller coaster ride with "this"!

Yes, lovely Autumn, the colours are lovely and since a child the idea that alot of the plants and trees are sleeping, fascinates me. Not seeing as many conkers but haven't been walking where I used to be able this year.

Hope yr better spell lasts, I'm staying in bed till this afternoon when I have a support worker coming to talk to me about local services, no Idea how that will go!

Enjoy the Autumn too

B

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.