Existencial thoughts, everything is unfamiliar, anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey there,

I relly dont know what to do anymore. My existalencial thoughts have gotten so worse. The feeling is so overwhelming. I just cant handle the fact that everything exists and in millions of years everything will be not there anymore. Im 24/7 in a state of the worst anxiety. I get panic attacks all the time and everything feels so unfamiliar, i also feel totally trapped in reality. Everything is just so strange. I always get anxiety moments which feel like im awakeing and i'm like 'wtf everything exists'. Its just so bad. I also wonder why do we live NOW?! I mean i know that i should just accept it and nobody knows the answer but im just in permanent stress and im afraid thst i go completely psychotic. So i always feel like i lose reality and everything gets so unfamiliar. Can anyone relate??

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I can relate to feeling of unreality. I’m sorry to hear that you are going through this and you feel alone, but you made the right choice coming onto this website. STRESS IS NEVER PERMANENT! That is your anxiety speaking to you! I’m not going to tell you that you can get through this right now because I hate hearing that when i go through one of my episodes. This will pass. I tell myself that this is only one part of my life that one day in the future I will look back and have the feeling of relief and am able to say “wow I went through that and I fought and won.” Ive spoken to people that have felt that already and I want that for myself already. You can’t let the anxiety beat you down forever. This is our fight, we can do this together. I’m here for you, don’t EVER think you are alone. This is just a hurdle in out lives right now. KEEP YOUR HEAD HIGH! Message me if you need to talk to, please don’t give up. ❤️
    • Posted

Hey thank you for your nice reply smile Feels good to know there's someone hearing me. Do you know that obsessive thoughts and that reality -loss- feeling caused by the thoughts? Its really scary. Ive been through panic attacks a couple years ago and can handle them very vell now (i mean panic attacks that occur in situations like for example the mall) But this anxiety caused by my thoughts is just so overwhelming

• Posted

I know exactly what you are experiencing. It’s scary but I know that you can do this. I don’t even know you and you sound like a very confident person. I have faith that you will make it through this, you will be in my prayers for sure.
  • Edited

When you say that everything seems so unfamiliar, can you explain what happens?  I am wondering if it’s the same as what I have experienced. 

Feel free to message me if you like. 

Thanks!

• Edited

Hi jan!

I feel like for example if i look at my parents i know all the information about them but they seem like if they are strangers. Or if i'm walking in my house only my body is walking for example in the kitchen and its like it's just my intuition who knows where everything is. And then im like 'omg how do i know where everything is?' It's hard to explain. It's like everything is just far away. Like i know its familiar but i feel a weird different connection to everything. Like if im placed in a room ive seen in a picture and now im trapped in it. I hope you can understand what i mean

• Edited

The questions you're asking are all valid questions that philosophers have been asking for years. FWIW many philosophers are as mad as a hatter razz

I am often overwhelmed by reality, the universe, nature, the laws of physics (and how they dont work for quantum mechanics). What you're demonstrating is a fear of the unknown.

I would recommend you read some philosophy. It may actually help you to make some sense of how you're feeling.

What you're feeling is normal. And you should definitely continue to ask these philosophical questions. But you do need to find a better way to deal with your anxiety.

• Posted

Hi!

Does being overwhelmed make you freak out? :D because i get enormously anxious about it..

I know these thoughts ar philosophical thoughts but sometimes i question literally everything and i wonder if i think a step further than only philosophical thoughts. Like i overanalyze every word till it sounds weird and i do the same with the world and reality. I overanalyze and overthink everything till it just seems weird and freaks me out..

Anyway, thank you for your reply and tips smile

• Posted

Yes I used to have panic attacks when I over analysed the world. I'm ok these days though.

• Posted

THANK YOU for the response!  YES, I have had that weird feeling also when something is familiar but it just doesn’t seem right. I actually had that a few times when I was driving and it scared me so much. I was in a familiar area but it just didn’t seem right.   The neurologist told me that was the depersonalization that people can get with extreme anxiety and stress.  I know of nobody in my life that experiences that, so I felt like I was the only one in the world. I don’t feel so alone on this forum.

Thanks so much??🙂

• Posted

Yeah i've read a couple times that it's derealization. I also noticed that it gets worse when i have stress. That feeling is really frustrating and yes it's really nice to know there's someone understsnding and knowing the feeling smile So you're NOT alone. I've read in some other forums that others experience the same thing you wrote, that you have the feel when you're driving. Do you also have that obsessive strange thoughts about existing?

• Edited

I feel like i can't anymore

Everything doesnt make any sense and everything is so unfamiliar

help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.