Experience on Cerazette

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Just wanted to provide information for people thinking about or just starting cerazette mainly because all I could find were people's horror stories before starting it so thought I'd add a positive review of the pill. Its a progesterone only contraceptive pill.

I started it just under a year ago and have loved it. I originally went on it due to a very long menstrual cycle. My bleeding was totally normally - rarely very heavy, no period pain and lasting between 5 and 7 days. But my cycle as a whole was quite erratic and very long on average over the course of a year - my average cycle length over a year was 37 days. The doctors found nothing wrong after blood tests etc so said not to worry and if I wanted it more controlled to go on the pill. So I did.

I started it on day 1 of my cycle back in november 2013 and that is the last normal period I have had. I've had a couple of days of very light spotting each month and 2 periods (both of which were very light and only about 3 days in length) in almost a year.

Many people talk about weight gain and I have not changed my diet or exercise routine at all and my weight has fluctuated by about a kilo. So really my weight hasn't changed. I have not suffered any depressive moods or mood swings. Though before starting cerazette my only symptom of an upcoming period was tender breasts and I still get that occaisionally.

I've also not had any headaches or an increase in acne. Being 24 I still get the occaisional spot but they've not gotten worse or more prevelant since starting cerazette.

Overall I'm really happy with cerazette as I've also not gotten pregnant over this past year which is particularly delightful as I do not want a child at the moment. It is also the only method of birth control me and my boyfriend have been using since March.

If you have any questions about it let me know, it can be really daunting searching the internet and reading people's experiences on cerazette as some of them are horrific but here is a positive one. Its worked exactly how I wanted it to except instead of making my periods regular, got rid of them which is even better!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was also on this pill and had absolutely no problems with it !  A year with out periods is amazing. .I am now on the cooper coil so my body can rest, but will definitely be back on it x
    • Posted

If you don't mind me asking what made you go for the copper coil as opposed to the iud or underarm implant?
    • Posted

Heyy !

I just wanted one with no hormones in to be honest ! I have been on the pill since I was 16 ..if I don't like the coil in a few months I would definitely go back on it, every other pill gives me awful high blood pressure

• Posted

Ahh right ok, was just curious! Hope the coil works out for you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.