Experience shaky vision and dizziness

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have had ct scans and several other tests and they were all normal. I have astigmatism and have been wearing glasses for a long time.However recently i have been experiencing dizziness and shaky vision. i took a second opinion from another optometrist who said i have a slight shift in my left eyes and prescribed me glasses with +1.0 base in prisms , however the other optometrist said he doesnt see the need for the prisms and just increased my regular astigmatism prescription. i dont experience double vision or anything of that sort. i am worried if i try the prism glasses if it can damage my eyes and weaken or damage my eyes muscles making the condition worse and wont be able to use back my regular glasses. i did see an optomologist about two years ago and said at that time i didnt need prism glasses. i wear the prism glasses and do feel better sometimes but after wearing them for a while i feel confused and then have to switch back to my regular glasses.i do experience dizziness and do feel sometimes like if my eye shifts away a bit.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.