Experiences of urinary frequency

Posted , 2 users are following.

Post utis which are showing clear, i have urinary frequency at night really often, daytime not so much but a general low ache in bladder area.  I wake in night really not inside like blood is boiling but no external temperature.  Doesnt happen in daytime.  Dr said CRP is up a bit. Referred to urology who want to anaesthetise me to fill and scope bladder.  I have no burning or stinging but i hear the cystoscopy will cause that.  Im totally freaked out.  Is this bladder or kidneys and what is happening if uti has gone?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ann...are you menopausal?   Have you suffered with UTis in the past?   If you are menopausal this could be the cause. The skin tissue in the vulva/vagina/ urethra starts to thin out and become irritated. Are you using any sort of HRT? Either by mouth or a vaginal pessary or cream?  Are you sexually active?

Most GPs want to exclude the nastier problems and a cystoscopy can reveal anything that is going wrong but often shows nothing at all.   The cystoscopy may cause some stinging so make sure you have someone to drive you home and also make sure you have plenty of Ibuprofen .  

Please dont worry.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.