Experiences on Nexplanon implant

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey... just looking for some advice!

I'm on my second implant and in my final year of it (runs out Jan 2019) and this is the first time since having this implant ive been late on, now late by 11 days.

I realise no contraception is 100% but surely it shouldn't have run out yet? Any information I get says it can run out quicker with rapid weight gain etc but this hasn't happened to me. Just wondering what other people have experienced on this contraception? On my first implant I would also miss periods but have never on this one!

Any advice is appreciated, thank you in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The implant was SO very unpredictable when I had it. I went the whole first year without a period. The second year I had a period that lasted weeks and by the third year I had a period that was not stop and lasted MONTHS at a time. It was terrible for me. I had mood swings, terrible periods, terrible weight gain and was tired at all hours of the day.
    • Posted

It's been great up till now... just concerned as I thought I had another year left and have no way of checking it's run out until I fall pregnant!

• Posted

Have you talked to your doctor about this? I honestly was never told that it could run out? Mine was actually taken out late due to not being able to get an appointment when I wanted it to.
  • Posted

I loved nexplanon but yeah mine ran out in 2 years cuz i gained like 50 pounds. Never got pregnant but yes late periods. My friend had it for a while its really hard to get pregnant on.
    • Posted

I don't think I am pregnant was just wondering about the running out thing! Least I'm Not the only one this has happened to!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.