Experiences with gabapentin ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi fellow sufferers can anyone give me theyre experiences with gabapentin? Am reluctant but deperate. Figured you guys would have the best and most honest experiences. I feel like there is a belt tied so tight around my waist. Pretty much being strangles alive for 16 months. Thanks guys. I did have phn ten years ago in neck and took a few years to subside. Did nothing to fix it just went away with time. Now i can feel it wver so slightly. More a nuisance now. Is this how phn works. If u givenit time it will almost all go away. Ive just been reading people having it for 30 years and that sounds unbearable. Hope u guys are optimistic and hope yours is lessening. Glad we have eachother. Matt

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Matt    I've had shingles on my left side , now PHN for 6 years across my abdomen & it's like a tight belt, only a bearable ache.  I have no problem with gabapentin. I was on 1800m & gradually reduced them to 1000m a day with the same level of pain. Just hoping it's going to subside and  I can reduce the tablets further. John9650   

• Posted

Hey john thanks for reply. Has you pain lessened any over the years and have u found anything that helps or makes pain worse. I find i cant eat or drinkntoo much at a time. Gotta wearnpants loose. And weather changes seems to aggrivate it. It does also seem to move around in different areas around my waste and back. Do u know what nerve was damaged?  How many doctorsnu go to and any of them say youll get better. How long on gab. Any side effects. Im really scared to take it
    • Posted

Also stay strong john i did haventhis in my neck ten yests ago and it took a few years to go away. Time healed mine the first time. This time its worse but fingeres crossed it goes away again.  Im 38   Hope someday your pains a thing of the past my fellow friend in pain. What was pain at beginning and now outta ten. Have u had a day without pain. I havent in almost two years. Its crazy u thinknitll go away and then it plays with yiur head. Im tryn to remain optomistic as to not further stress my body. Im havent taken any meds just went natural with b citamins and a bunch of other stuff but none teally done anything 
  • Posted

Hi. Matt My pain has lessened over the years. I'm 74 & try to get off Gabapentin , but I have no side effects with them it seams to vary from one person to the next.  Now on 1000m & not 1800 Doctor tells me to learn to live with the pain, It's constant with  stabbing off & on, and on my left side. I am unable to lift anything very heavy and bending around or doing yoga as I use to do. It's all very wareing. But I tell my self not to give in to it & sercume to tears as I could quite easily do.. I just think of those who are suffering so much pain that I realize how lucky I am. Pain level maybe 3  or 4 if you calculate, as a doctor said on a T.V.program "level 10 you should be screaming and on the floor " As I read alot of people seam to be on Aspercreme I am considering trying some, although you cannot buy it in the U.K. I try to keep optimistic. & ever hopeful. .John 

• Posted

Ona scale where would your pain be with gabapentin and without. Ie how much does it tske the edge off?  Insuspect my issue is coming from the t 12 subcostal nerve.  Have u ever tried to find which nerve is causing u issues. My next thing im gunna try is accupuncture. Will keep u posted  Heres to staying optimistic 
  • Posted

hi, i'm new to PHN and don't even know if i have it. but i basically have had pain since 2013 that started my right shoulder, to my right neck, to my right cheek, and left chest. it also spread to my arms. the pain feels like nerve pain but idk how to describe it. it's very uncomfortable and makes me unproductive. i noticed the more i get stressed from i.e. studying, arguing..etc. or the more i talk or the more i stay awake during the day, the pain gets more and more painful. at times i feel like to the pain on my right cheek is something is pulling the my right cheek. it's so painful. i went to millions of doctors and no1 knew what my issue is. when i tried gabatrex which has gabapentin, i started taking it on a gradual basis (1 pill a day to 2 pills and so on). when i reached taking 6 pills a day which has 2400mg in total, the pain completely vanished. it literally felt like a miracle. so this pill is the only one that worked. i've stopped taking the pill and now the pain is back. so given all this, what is the issue that i have? do i have herpes? do i have hiv? wtf do i have? and yes i did have a lot of sexual relations in the past.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.