Experiencing abdominal pain for >2 years, any thoughts?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm hoping someone on forum might help point me in a good direction. I have been experiencing abdominal pain fairly continuously since in October 2013. The pain generally appears after I ingest most foods, at times including water. Often it gets so bad that I can't function. The pain is both a cramping and stabbing pain that seems to originate in the stomach, but also moves through the intestinal track as well. I am constantly nauseated, but only rarely do I vomit. I also do not have diarrhea and the pain does not raise radiate through the esophagus.

Medications:

I was told to take over the counter Omeprazole, after a year I was prescribed Pantoprazole, and most recently (October 2015) was prescribed Esomeprazole (40 mg, twice a day). I started taking Elavil (currently taking 75 mg) on January 5. From April 5 through April 19 I was taking Xifan in an attempt to clear out bacteria from the intestines. After an ER visit yesterday from the pain, I was prescribed Bentyl.

I also started following the low FODMAP diet, at the recommendation of a nutritionist, beginning on January 16.

The following is a listing of the tests, including the dates, that I have completed thus far. All of the results came back as “normal” or “unremarkable.” I have also had blood work done multiple times throughout this process.

Ultrasound (11/20/14)

Upper Endoscopy (12/10/14)

Upper Endoscopy (9/14/15)

HIDA Scan (10/1/15)

CT Angiogram (10/22/15)

Colonoscopy (11/16/15)

Capsule Endoscopy (11/30/15)

Push Endoscopy (12/7/15)

Abdominal MRI (12/15/15)

Meckel’s Test (12/23/15)

CT Enterography (12/30/15)

Any thoughts, or has anyone else experienced something similar?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you may have  a stomach ulcer or internal bleeding in the stomach area.

rich

• Posted

If all tests are normal, it may be IBS.  Ask your doctor about this.
    • Posted

Is the pain lower left abdomin or where exactly? Any other pain in back or legs or pelvis? Does it get worse when standing or sitting for long periods of time?
    • Posted

My pain moves about all over my stomach from left, middle to right and can go the opposite way but sitting or standing doesn't affect it.   The location and type of pain changes rapidly.  Sometimes I get pain at the top of my legs, at the base of my back, or beneath my ribs.  I only notice an increase in pain if I am stressed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.