Experiencing hair loss since 2 years. Its depressing! Please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 27 year old female. I always had hair people envy. Long , lustrous, lots and lots of hair. But since i gave birth to my baby, she is 2 now, i have been experiencing hair fall. My doctor told me it's normal to experience hair fall for a few months after delivery. But it never stopped! I am losing so much hair that when i comb, i can't see the floor through the fallen hair. I take good care of my hair, oiling and using hair masks everytime before shampooing. I am taking vitamins as prescribed by my doctor, post maternity. I never coloured or used any heat for styling my hair. However, i am not getting enough sleep since giving birth, my baby still wakes up after an hour or two at night. Which leaves me without sufficient rest. I might be having 3-4 hrs of sleep. My blood test reports are normal. Also i have a stressful and physically demanding routine. I am mentally as well as physically exhausted. Is there anything that can fix my hair, except for getting sleep, cuz i cant see that's possible in near future?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Lossing hairs from a long time this is so painful. Did you get hair loss problem before baby?
    • Posted

Hello AngelD, the hair loss i experienced before pregnancy was only during monsoon season and i managed to get rid of it completely in mere 1-2 weeks by applying diy hair masks. Though, it seems like magic now, when i think of it, cuz those masks are not helping anymore!!

• Posted

Hair loss in pregnancy or after pregnancy is common. You can consult with an expert.
    • Posted

Hello rpsinghsethi, the common hair loss which occurs after pregnancy lasts for a 3-6 months. That hair fall is due to the harmonal changes. However, 2 years, it's pretty long time.

• Posted

Hi,

I used to beautiful hair that people envied too.

Im really sorry this is happening to you. Stress can play a huge part in hair loss ( I have stress related alopecia due to cronic pain) You sound like a very busy person, however its so important that you find a little bit of time to breathe, even if its just 5 mins. Type in mindfulness into google. Theres some really good breathing exercises that can help you relax. The less you worry about your hair the better it will be. I totally understand that its easier said than done. Another thing you could do is ask to be referred to a dermatologist. I see one . It might help you get an answer.

Best wishes

Amanda 😊

• Posted

Thank you Amanda, n i am sorry that you have to go through such pain. I have done yoga for a few months, maybe 5 or 6. It helped with my overall physical stamina, but nothing when it comes to hairfall. I try really hard not to think about it, but then, you won't believe, i am so scared to even comb my hair. I used to brush my hair every night before going to bed n braid it, now i cant. First, it causes more n more hair to break, second, my hair is so thin now, i cant braid it. Its driving me crazy.

• Posted

Also, i did visit a dermatologist, he gave me a few supplements, its been 3 months, n m still where i started.
  • Posted

I had the same situation 5-6 month later after I had a baby. I saw the doctor. The trichologist recommended very expensive tests in order to find the exact reason( 

And i decided to bought a cap with out any tests a year ago – GrivaMax Laser Cap. I want to said, that I'm really happy with a result.

Beside this, I got a discount coupon few week ago for the GrivaMax 272 PRO in my email. I'm happy to share it with everyone who needs it – grivamax2018. A cap is expensive, and a $ 500 discount is very helpful. So if you want, finde their web page in google.

Good luck)

• Posted

Hello, anet55640, thanks for your suggestion. Laser cap treatement sounds tempting. I will surely discuss the idea with my doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.