Posted , 4 users are following.
I am a 19 year old white male college student. I weigh approximately 180lbs and am 70 inches tall. The only medical conditions I have ever had were asthma as a child, and pollen allergies (still active). I am on no medications, and am overall a healthy young adult.
Ever since I was 14, I have been experiencing nighttime lower back pain. Here are some characteristics of the pain:
- ONLY appears when I am laying down for a prolonged amount of time
- Pain level varies from mattress to mattress
- Pain is fairly consistent (experience it most days of the week)
- The pain does not particularly spread anywhere, although I have had numbing and tingling in my hands a handful of times since age 14
- The pain goes away after getting up and moving around
- The pain is not a sharp pain, it is very consistent, and usually takes about 1-3 hours to slowly build up to a moderate pain level
- The pain has only existed in my lower lumbar spine (L1-L5) and nowhere else
- One thing that separates this pain from other types of pain is, when I take a deep breath while the pain persists, the pain gets a lot worse (no breathing, moderate pain - deep breath, severe pain)
Please, if anyone can give me something that can alleviate this pain or help me get somewhat closere to a diagnosis, it would be greatly appreciated. All of my doctor's and chiropractors have all not helped one bit (doctor told me to go to a chiro, chiro told me I just have stiffness).
I have tried flipping mattresses, getting a new mattress, sleeping on the floor, sleeping on firm mattresses, sleeping on tempurpedics, pretty much every sleeping/pillow position even comprehendable by a human being, and everything else every other forum post suggested.
1 like, 8 replies